Getting Discouraged Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kwais

Gold

Re: Getting Discouraged

Post by kwais » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 pm

beachbum wrote:
kwais wrote:don't worry OP, most of the people on this site are months away from the truth, that being a bad person only gets you far on the internet. They will be just as lonely in law school as they were in HS. The only difference is that they won't have the other dozen or so Dbags that they are conected to the hip with on TLS. In the real world these people get exposed fast.
Based on your recent posts, I'm not sure why you're still here.
I learn a ton about the application process in between reading the shit that you spew. Wait I'm practicing to be like you guys, let me know how my progress is going.
Uninformed absolutist remark indicative of a cowardly 22 year old...retake...ITE...ITE...anything below Columbia is like suicide...I'm a DBag....(waiting to be backed up by my butt buddies)...more shit I don't have a clue about.

How am I doing?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
kwais wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:I'm much nicer IRL though. But I'm sure most people are.
why are you nicer IRL?
Because on the internet I like to be brutally honest. In social circles courtesy dictates lying.
I am not any nicer IRL. I am just as brutally honest, and maybe quite a bit more blunt and sarcastic in person. Actually I am sure I am more IRL because I actually get to see people's reactions. My honesty is wasted on the Internet.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

mrmangs wrote:I actually think I am nicer over the internet.
I missed this. Agreed! (see above)

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Marmaduke8 wrote:So, I recently got into a T10 school. I'm happy about that, or at least I thought I would be.

But I'm getting discouraged. Not about job prospects, not about debt. I know I want to be a lawyer. I'm discouraged by what I read on TLS. Specifically, I'm discouraged to think that I will be spending three years with you douchebags.

I think you guys are probably nice, harmless people. But who the hell sits down and makes line graphs of the decision dates at a law school? Who the hell gets on the internet to plug a STRANGER'S numbers into law school predictor for them? SO many of the things said on this site land somewhere between pointless, idiotic, and redundant. Originality is the diamond in the rough.

I've been reading these forums for several months, and yes, they have helped me with the application process. But that's not the same as wanting to spend time with the people that created them.

My question is this: Are you guys really the anal retentive, petty, witless cretins that you sound like on this website? Are there a load of readers who never post that are actually solid people?

Discuss.
People in law school are chill.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm

sundance95 wrote:Unsubtle flame is nevertheless successful.
Well, it may not have been if not for kwais spewing bullshit to confirm that he/she is a socially inept and overly sensitive waste of air. Don't worry, i'd tell you that IRL as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:18 pm

kwais wrote:
beachbum wrote:
kwais wrote:don't worry OP, most of the people on this site are months away from the truth, that being a bad person only gets you far on the internet. They will be just as lonely in law school as they were in HS. The only difference is that they won't have the other dozen or so Dbags that they are conected to the hip with on TLS. In the real world these people get exposed fast.
Based on your recent posts, I'm not sure why you're still here.
I learn a ton about the application process in between reading the shit that you spew. Wait I'm practicing to be like you guys, let me know how my progress is going.
Uninformed absolutist remark indicative of a cowardly 22 year old...retake...ITE...ITE...anything below Columbia is like suicide...I'm a DBag....(waiting to be backed up by my butt buddies)...more shit I don't have a clue about.

How am I doing?
Good!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:18 pm

I like how OP basically just shits all over people that he acknowledges have provided him with information that has been helpful to him.

Also, this thread has been done.

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:Unsubtle flame is nevertheless successful.
Well, it may not have been if not for kwais spewing bullshit to confirm that he/she is a socially inept and overly sensitive waste of air. Don't worry, i'd tell you that IRL as well.
I lol'ed.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I love you guys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:22 pm

ahduth wrote:I love you guys.
I love you guys, but not the herpes.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm

On a semi serious note, being blunt and honest are generally good attributes. People who encourage others to beat around the bush, lie, and mislead for the sake of someones feelings are usually just doing them a disservice.

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Marmaduke8 wrote:But who the hell sits down and makes line graphs of the decision dates at a law school? Who the hell gets on the internet to plug a STRANGER'S numbers into law school predictor for them?
Discuss.
Intarnets is weird.
Last edited by QandAphorism on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:On a semi serious note, being blunt and honest are generally good attributes. People who encourage others to beat around the bush, lie, and mislead for the sake of someones feelings are usually just doing them a disservice.
Do you tell fat girls that they look fat?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Should I get the popcorn? Or is the show gonna be over soon?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

I predict it will fall off somewhere around 3.5 pages.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:On a semi serious note, being blunt and honest are generally good attributes. People who encourage others to beat around the bush, lie, and mislead for the sake of someones feelings are usually just doing them a disservice.
If they asked me how they look, absolutely!

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
I don't talk to them about their weight.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 pm

QandAphorism wrote:
Marmaduke8 wrote:But who the hell sits down and makes line graphs of the decision dates at a law school? Who the hell gets on the internet to plug a STRANGER'S numbers into law school predictor for them?
Discuss.
Intarnets is weird.
Be careful, using the "a" instead of "e" refers to something completely different. HTH

I'd laugh at you in person, but I am nicer online.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:32 pm

r6_philly wrote:
QandAphorism wrote:
Discuss.
Intarnets is weird.
Be careful, using the "a" instead of "e" refers to something completely different. HTH

I'd laugh at you in person, but I am nicer online.
Nevertheless, I agree that intranets is weird.

Edit: I'm pegging philly for some sort of IT jock. C/D?

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:34 pm

kwais wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Oh man. It's such a relief to finally have someone just cut the shit and see right through me. You're right! Oh, god, you're so right! I'm just so miserable and lonely and nobody likes me ever and I totally miss the loser lunch table at high school. Thank goodness you came along to point out my glaring problems. Thanks to you, I will finally leave my mother's basement and check out this real world you speak of!
you're welcome
wasnt OP kinda original in his flame post? he actually wasnt slamming TLS dbs or even elitists...he was slamming ppl for being anal retentive and making graphs to illustrate things and help ppl haha

i dont know if that qualifies as being a bad person

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
kwais wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Oh man. It's such a relief to finally have someone just cut the shit and see right through me. You're right! Oh, god, you're so right! I'm just so miserable and lonely and nobody likes me ever and I totally miss the loser lunch table at high school. Thank goodness you came along to point out my glaring problems. Thanks to you, I will finally leave my mother's basement and check out this real world you speak of!
you're welcome
wasnt OP kinda original in his flame post? he actually wasnt slamming TLS dbs or even elitists...he was slamming ppl for being anal retentive and making graphs to illustrate things and help ppl haha

i dont know if that qualifies as being a bad person
I'd hate to see what he thinks of the people over at GraphJam.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

QandAphorism

New

Post by QandAphorism » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:37 pm

OP has exhibited somewhat successful flamemanship through this thread.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:37 pm

kwais wrote: Uninformed absolutist remark indicative of a cowardly 22 year old...retake...ITE...ITE...anything below Columbia is like suicide...I'm a DBag....(waiting to be backed up by my butt buddies)...more shit I don't have a clue about.
How am I doing?
Your continued homophobia on this site needs to stop. Hurl whatever insults you like but you cross a serious line when it turns sexist, racial, homophobic, etc.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:38 pm

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
I don't talk to them about their weight.
they prob dont ask either, tbf

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”