Spring Semester Schedule Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Spring Semester Schedule

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 am

As soon as this semester is finished, I will have but one more requirement in order to graduate. As such, I want to only take 2 classes (one requirement, one elective) plus my honors thesis that counts as a class.

Will law schools look down upon this when they review my final transcript to make sure I completed undergrad successfully? Or is this a non-issue?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

pwyoung

Bronze

Re: Spring Semester Schedule

Post by pwyoung » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 am

Unless for some reason the school asks for a copy of the current spring schedule, no. The likelihood is that your apps and decisions will be made before spring semester is even a few weeks old. At the end of the day, taking a few classes off isn't going to be an issue if you've already been admitted and you still get your degree.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 am

Law Schools won't care, they don't expect you to take more credits than you need. Make sure to consider whether you will drop below full time though and whether that will impact financial aid, loan repayments, insurance, etc.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:55 am

2014 wrote:Law Schools won't care, they don't expect you to take more credits than you need. Make sure to consider whether you will drop below full time though and whether that will impact financial aid, loan repayments, insurance, etc.
I will still be considered full time with my intended course load--my mother has been on my ass making sure I stayed full time ever since I went from 5 to 4 classes in junior year :lol:

With that as a non-issue, you're saying it is all good?

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
2014 wrote:Law Schools won't care, they don't expect you to take more credits than you need. Make sure to consider whether you will drop below full time though and whether that will impact financial aid, loan repayments, insurance, etc.
I will still be considered full time with my intended course load--my mother has been on my ass making sure I stayed full time ever since I went from 5 to 4 classes in junior year :lol:

With that as a non-issue, you're saying it is all good?
It's all good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”