3rd LOR Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
QuailMan

New

3rd LOR

Post by QuailMan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm

I have 2 LORs in and the rest of my application is ready to go (one from a prof and one from the advisor for my student group) The third is from another prof but I'm not sure when she's going to get it in (I gave her the materials in January, and then again in August after she lost the first set). I know she can write me a decent rec since she already wrote me one that got me the fellowship I'm currently working but I think the other 2 I already have in are stronger anyway.

Should I just go ahead and send my apps in? If she ends up getting it in before I go complete will I be able to add it on? I'm thinking I might just apply and then use her letter if I get waitlisted.

I e-mailed her today with a friendly reminder. Thoughts?

im_blue

Gold

Re: 3rd LOR

Post by im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:23 pm

If the 3rd LOR is processed after you go complete, then updated LSAC reports will be sent to every law school you applied to.

Pleasye

Platinum

Re: 3rd LOR

Post by Pleasye » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 pm

QuailMan wrote:I have 2 LORs in and the rest of my application is ready to go (one from a prof and one from the advisor for my student group) The third is from another prof but I'm not sure when she's going to get it in (I gave her the materials in January, and then again in August after she lost the first set). I know she can write me a decent rec since she already wrote me one that got me the fellowship I'm currently working but I think the other 2 I already have in are stronger anyway.

Should I just go ahead and send my apps in? If she ends up getting it in before I go complete will I be able to add it on? I'm thinking I might just apply and then use her letter if I get waitlisted.

I e-mailed her today with a friendly reminder. Thoughts?
Don't wait on a third unless you have a school that requires a third. Submitting with two is perfectly fine. It's also great to have one for a waitlist if that does happen so there ya go :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”