LOR fax fail Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sandro

Gold

LOR fax fail

Post by Sandro » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 pm

I talked to one of my professors yesterday about a LOR and he agreed to. He said he would write them in less than 2 weeks which would be good for my deadlines, but refused to fax them saying the mail option was fine. I tried telling him about how at this time they get backed up and it could take 7-10 days AFTER they receive it but he tried to convince me otherwise.

Are fax machines really that hard for some people? :oops:

hipstermafia

Silver

Re: LOR fax fail

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Sandro777 wrote:I talked to one of my professors yesterday about a LOR and he agreed to. He said he would write them in less than 2 weeks which would be good for my deadlines, but refused to fax them saying the mail option was fine. I tried telling him about how at this time they get backed up and it could take 7-10 days AFTER they receive it but he tried to convince me otherwise.

See fax thread from last night, you may be better off with snail mail anyway.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Read the fax thread from last night.

It is NOT an approved official way of submitting LOR's. As a matter of fact, LSAC doesn't want it that way anymore.

Fax is not a good way to submit anything official. Try fax in your tax returns.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Benefit of doubt: from what I've heard, the number is often busy. He/she may not feel like hitting send dozens of times. My two both got a student aid to do it instead. I hope they actually did it...

Edit: Hey Philly, where did you hear they don't want it that way anymore? I asked LSAC both by e-mail and phone for a fax number to fax LORs and I received it both ways with no hint of a problem. I'd be interested to hear if this is one of those things you're "allowed" to do but "shouldn't do".
Last edited by mr_toad on Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I talked to one of my professors yesterday about a LOR and he agreed to. He said he would write them in less than 2 weeks which would be good for my deadlines, but refused to fax them saying the mail option was fine. I tried telling him about how at this time they get backed up and it could take 7-10 days AFTER they receive it but he tried to convince me otherwise.

See fax thread from last night, you may be better off with snail mail anyway.
Ahh thank you, much appreciated! My rants are going to serve some purpose. 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tranquil

New

Post by tranquil » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Give your professor a prepaid FedEx envelope and airbill, with two day or overnight shipping. The LOR will most likely post to your account one day after delivery. This has been my experience.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:35 pm

My mailed LOR posted within 1 day. Just mail it in and if it doesn't post in time, then ask him to fax it.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:43 pm

im_blue wrote:My mailed LOR posted within 1 day. Just mail it in and if it doesn't post in time, then ask him to fax it.
Please stop recommending people to fax it. You guys are going to drive me crazy. GRRRRR

:D

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm

Wow. I guess faxing has gone from quickest way to shaky in a matter of days. Thanks guys, hopefully it works out fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Wow. I guess faxing has gone from quickest way to shaky in a matter of days. Thanks guys, hopefully it works out fine.
I think it's always been shaky (pun intended). But since they haven't had it on the instructions for the forms for at least the past 2 years, I wish people will just stop recommending it.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Wow. I guess faxing has gone from quickest way to shaky in a matter of days. Thanks guys, hopefully it works out fine.
I think it's always been shaky (pun intended). But since they haven't had it on the instructions for the forms for at least the past 2 years, I wish people will just stop recommending it.
Plus the image quality is poor. Maybe I'm the only one who cares about that, though.

alexjack

New

Post by alexjack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Fax transmission may fail for several reasons. You will receive chat via Skype reasons.E-mail or SMS, you can see the reason in the PamFax portal. PamFax recognize the different error.PamFax will try three times to provide your fax. This is a process which may take up to an hour.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”