General application advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheTallOne0602

New

General application advice

Post by TheTallOne0602 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 pm

So in February I got a 169, and I have a 4.0 GPA from a non-Ivy. 169 was terrible for me, and I had some extenuating circumstances. I took the test again last Saturday, but am not sure what I will get (obviously). So my questions are:

Should I apply early decision to George Washington for their presidential scholarship? I really want to go to D.C. but would much rather go to Georgetown. If the difference in money is huge, though...

I am applying to Columbia, NYU (stretches, I think), Cornell, Georgetown, Fordham, GW... where else should I apply on the East/NorthEast?

And the biggest thing is, what are the answers to these questions depending on my more recent LSAT score? If I get it in the low vs. mid vs. high 170s. How does that change what I should do?

Basically I want to go to the best school I can, for the least money I can, in D.C. if possible, in New York if not D.C., and on the East coast regardless (I mean it doesn't have to be in D.C. or NY, but it would be preferably, and I am really only interested in schools East of Chicago). Obviously there is some weighting of priorities I have to make here. Suggestions?

Thanks,

kalvano

Diamond

Re: General application advice

Post by kalvano » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:34 am

If you want D.C., I think you have a pretty good shot at the GWU ED programs, which is a full scholarship. I don't know how well GWU compares to GULC, but I'm pretty sure GWU for free (or close to it) is better than GULC, even at a discount.

Other people here with more direct knowledge of the D.C. market can offer better information, but the GWU ED program is pretty awesome if D.C. is your goal.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”