ed or money at GW Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
roysloppy

New

ed or money at GW

Post by roysloppy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

I did a few searches for this topic but found a lot of older posts and I understand GWU standards have increased quite a bit.

I have 165 / 3.61 with 3 years federal gov WE. Was wondering if I have a shot at ED at GW (prob not) but more importantly a shot to get in (in reg applicant pool) with $$?

manbearwig

Bronze

Re: ed or money at GW

Post by manbearwig » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

roysloppy wrote:I did a few searches for this topic but found a lot of older posts and I understand GWU standards have increased quite a bit.

I have 165 / 3.61 with 3 years federal gov WE. Was wondering if I have a shot at ED at GW (prob not) but more importantly a shot to get in (in reg applicant pool) with $$?
I applied regular decision with higher numbers than you, got in, but no money.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 pm

GW's ED program is unusual, and all ED admits get full scholarships. For that reason, ED at GW is much more competitive than RD, and you have little chance.

A 165/3.61 is right around GW's medians, though, so you would have a shot RD. Not a great one, though, and definitely no scholarship.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:39 pm

OP, I would not expect money from GW. I was 169 / 3.5, EDed on a long shot, was deferred to regular admissions and accepted RD (in the same letter) with no money.

Still apply, but don't bank on a scholarship from GW.

mi-chan17

Bronze

Post by mi-chan17 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:46 pm

I don't think you have any real shot at getting in ED. I think your chances at acceptance RD are decent, but money will be kind of a crapshoot. This is primarily because money at GW seems to be sort of a crapshoot in general. I think money is possible for you, but I don't think it's likely or that you'd see $$$ unless you have something special about you (URM status, for example).

For background: Similar stats to CyLaw (interesting story, but I don't think I have anything on CyLaw's softs) and got in RD with decent money. Have a classmate who had around 25th percentile GPA and around median LSAT who got the same package I did. So I'm not entirely sure how the money thing was decided. It doesn't seem strictly numbers based, however.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm

mi-chan17 wrote: For background: Similar stats to CyLaw (interesting story, but I don't think I have anything on CyLaw's softs) and got in RD with decent money. Have a classmate who had around 25th percentile GPA and around median LSAT who got the same package I did. So I'm not entirely sure how the money thing was decided. It doesn't seem strictly numbers based, however.
GW was so random last cycle. :)

mi-chan17

Bronze

Post by mi-chan17 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

CyLaw wrote: GW was so random last cycle. :)
Tru fax. *nods*

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm

They don't even give fee waivers.

Cheap bastards.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”