Good schools for internet law? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sapapple

New

Good schools for internet law?

Post by sapapple » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:12 pm

I work in digital media and am looking into going to law school in next couple of years with the intention of studying cyber/internet law. I'm specifically interested in the legal issues surrounding online privacy, data mining, digital copyrights, etc. Does anyone know of schools that have particularly good reputations or clinics in this area, or should I just shoot for the best school I can get into?

BioEBear2010

Silver

Re: Good schools for internet law?

Post by BioEBear2010 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Four of the best schools in this area are also four of the best law schools in the country -- Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and Columbia. In any event, general consensus says to go to the best school you can get into.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:44 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Four of the best schools in this area are also four of the best law schools in the country -- Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and Columbia. In any event, general consensus says to go to the best school you can get into.
Man, Yale took a hit in the rankings eh.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Hannibal wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Four of the best schools in this area are also four of the best law schools in the country -- Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and Columbia. In any event, general consensus says to go to the best school you can get into.
Yale, while an amazing school, is not as strong as the aforementioned schools in cyberlaw. And note that I said "of the best" rather than "the best."

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Hannibal wrote:
Yale, while an amazing school, is not as strong as the aforementioned schools in cyberlaw. And note that I said "of the best" rather than "the best."
Go to Yale if you can and make good friends with the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation). Very, very good friends.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:13 pm

1) Get into HLS.
2) RA for Lawrence Lessig.
3) That is the closest you'll ever get to actually practicing "cyberlaw" yourself, so enjoy.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:15 pm

OP wants to be part of the Cyberpolice. Be part of those making sure consequences will never be the same.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Hannibal wrote:OP wants to be part of the Cyberpolice. Be part of those making sure consequences will never be the same.
If that's the case, JD -> FBI wouldn't be a bad idea. He'll prob. get paid shit.

sapapple

New

Post by sapapple » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:37 am

Hannibal wrote:OP wants to be part of the Cyberpolice. Be part of those making sure consequences will never be the same.
I guessed that would be referenced by the fourth reply. I was two off, and I expected better delivery.

pattymac

Bronze

Post by pattymac » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:22 pm

sapapple wrote:
I guessed that would be referenced by the fourth reply. I was two off, and I expected better delivery.
You beat me to it, lol...best part of that video is mom yelling "fucking gunna come here and beat her ass!" All jokes aside, that video sounds like an interview for WWF lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”