How do schools review LSDA GPA from international schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
felicity

New

How do schools review LSDA GPA from international schools?

Post by felicity » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 am

I graduated from an international university that uses a 1-5 grading system, with 1.0 being the highest. Each quarter (1.00, 1.25, 1.50, etc.) has a corresponding percentage band. I graduated with a 2.01 UGPA, which, according to the LSAC site, is 89% or 3.33 when converted to a 4.0 scale. However, as I expected, LSAC evaluated my UGPA around 2.18, equivalent to roughly 87% or 3.2. I have a note in my Credential Assembly Service report that my "quality of academic performance" is above average.

My questions are:

1) Will LSAC provide another Academic Summary Report that converts my GPA to the 4.0 scale? I am worried that if they won't, the schools I will be applying to will not exhaustively evaluate my academic credentials. "Above average" is vague by universal standards.

2) If they provide such report, how long does it take for them to process it?

2) Will I need to have a third-party evaluator (such as World Education Services, etc) convert my GPA? And do you recommend I include that report with my applications?

Thanks so much. There may be some follow-up questions, don't say I didn't warn ya :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”