I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gwuorbust

Gold

Re: I HATE THIS GUY!--Just Let Us Apply/Attend in Peace

Post by gwuorbust » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:21 am

rad law wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:well then I am def going to have to substantially increase my post count if I am going to get quoted on JDU. where is PDaddy when he is needed so I can debate some nonsense for a while...
May I suggest:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=103658
I know but I always told myself that I would stay on the edge of this forum and not waste time with useless posting.. my resolve is slipping

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 am

gwuorbust wrote:
rad law wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:well then I am def going to have to substantially increase my post count if I am going to get quoted on JDU. where is PDaddy when he is needed so I can debate some nonsense for a while...
May I suggest:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0&t=103658
I know but I always told myself that I would stay on the edge of this forum and not waste time with useless posting.. my resolve is slipping
Not useless. Plenty of picwhoring.

goawaybee

Bronze

Post by goawaybee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 am

rad law wrote:
schmohawk wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Schmohawk, you are lucky I'm in a good mood. Normally I would have taken such a horrific post and torn it to shreds (and radlaw may have helped as well). But I took mercy.
*Bows to the internet nerd tough guy*
I'm not biting this one either, Romo. My only contribution:

--ImageRemoved--
Amazing. some HOF level joint right here.

McNulty

Bronze

Post by McNulty » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 pm

I'll echo the general sentiment about gaining some work experience prior to attending *any* type of professional schooling. Humble yourself, pay some bills, and it'll foster a greater appreciation for the 'career' you eventually fall into. And yes, there is a MAJOR distinction between 'career' and 'job'. Who knows - after 2 years in a busy law firm at the administrative level, you might realize you absolutely hate the legal industry.

Making 35k as a legal assistant in the bay area will give you some perspective, and if you'll allow it, a giant sense of motivation (not that I'd recommend this pasta-diet stage of my life :]).

TTTGrad

New

Grade Inflation=Ego Inflation for Generation Y

Post by TTTGrad » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Please read this quote from a Duke professor:

http://www.time.com/time/quotes

Some of you kids will be dropping six figures so your law school can inflate your unearned grades and send you off into the real world with a false sense of entitlement and worth. I suppose if you are attending the bottom rung of the T14 (GULC), you can cherry pick the lot of contract attorney positions. Maybe in 10 years you will attain the rank of "supervising staff attorney." If I had to do it all over again, I would have become dean of a law school. I could lie, make money, defraud kids of their money and futures and not fear criminal prosecution. God knows suckers are born every minute and evidently TLS demonstrates this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rando

Silver

Re: Grade Inflation=Ego Inflation for Generation Y

Post by rando » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:09 pm

TTTGrad wrote:Please read this quote from a Duke professor:

http://www.time.com/time/quotes

Some of you kids will be dropping six figures so your law school can inflate your unearned grades and send you off into the real world with a false sense of entitlement and worth. I suppose if you are attending the bottom rung of the T14 (GULC), you can cherry pick the lot of contract attorney positions. Maybe in 10 years you will attain the rank of "supervising staff attorney." If I had to do it all over again, I would have become dean of a law school. I could lie, make money, defraud kids of their money and futures and not fear criminal prosecution. God knows suckers are born every minute and evidently TLS demonstrates this.

TTTTGrad, what about me? Do you think I can get a doc review position. My school dropped out of the T20 though. T25 now. :cry:

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:15 pm

TTTGrad wrote: Some of you kids will be dropping six figures so your law school can inflate your unearned grades and send you off into the real world with a false sense of entitlement and worth. .
A sense of false entitlement is worth its weight in gold.

TTTGrad

New

Post by TTTGrad » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:19 pm

rando wrote:

TTTTGrad, what about me? Do you think I can get a doc review position. My school dropped out of the T20 though. T25 now. :cry:

Perhaps if you moved to India.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Lulz at quoting a fake professor.

Anyway:

1. Romo, I will be rejected.
2. You will easily land a 60k job in St. Louis, most likely secondary biziglaw
3. ????????
4. Profit I guess.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm

TTTGrad wrote:
rando wrote:
So what you're saying is international law does exist? Damn... should have taken sticker at American after all.

rando

Silver

Post by rando » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:24 pm

TTTGrad wrote:
rando wrote:

They speak English, right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”