Question about transfer credits and lsac Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cory045

New

Question about transfer credits and lsac

Post by Cory045 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 am

I took a college in high school course through seton hill university. I was registered at seton hill but the class was taught in my high school and counted towards my h.s. diploma and gpa. I was also able to transfer the credits to my current school, duquesne university. On my transcript for duquesne the class was given credits for a core curriculum class under a "theme area". The theme areas are basically like science, philosophy, etc. The title of the course does not even show up. It just says the theme area and next to it "tc" for transfer credit much like my ap credits show up. I don't even remember the grade I got in the class. Nothing below a B but still. How will this affect my lsac gpa or not even at all?

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Re: Question about transfer credits and lsac

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:11 am

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 am

You have to send a Seton Hill transcript to LSAC, and they will count that grade.

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:48 am

Transfer credits on a transcript are not calculated into your LSAC gpa. But in any case, you MUST send ALL transcripts to LSAC. Those credits showing up on a transcript as a transfer aren't good enough. They have to have the transcripts from all schools directly.

I goofed and didn't have a community college transcript sent. It's all fixed now, but if I had my LSAC gpa would have been a slight bit higher since the grades were As.

Cory045

New

Post by Cory045 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Alright, since the grade wasn't from a community college does it just count the same as any grade I would receive from Duquesne?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Cory045 wrote:Alright, since the grade wasn't from a community college does it just count the same as any grade I would receive from Duquesne?
It counts the same as any other grade, whether it came from CC or not. If it was a quarter-system school, multiply the credits and grade points by 0.67.

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:26 am

im_blue wrote:
Cory045 wrote:Alright, since the grade wasn't from a community college does it just count the same as any grade I would receive from Duquesne?
It counts the same as any other grade, whether it came from CC or not. If it was a quarter-system school, multiply the credits and grade points by 0.67.
Some quarter-system schools give semester credits, so no conversion is necessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”