Washington U Law Prof Implies Many Law Schools are Scams Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. Matlock

Silver

Re: Washington U Law Prof Implies Many Law Schools are Scams

Post by Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:31 pm

FirstTierToilet wrote:There are certain issues that extend to the top tier schools.
Good fucking lord.... another anti-law-school blogger. :|

Maybe I should start a worthless anti-law-school-blog about the worthlessness of anti-law-school-blogging.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:39 pm

I am curious as to whether this prof would extend these arguments to my soon-to-be-school. It sounds like he does.

And I also wonder what he would say regarding to law profs ethical responsibility in all of this. A good chunk of our tuition goes towards law profs' salaries. We basically are paying them 200,000k+ to write fluffy articles on the realist/formalist divide or the implications of XYZ v. Congress on the future of the Commerce Clause. He and his colleagues are making a good profit off of our gamble.

tru

Bronze

Post by tru » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Last edited by tru on Fri May 20, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Daytukrjabs wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I am curious as to whether this prof would extend these arguments to my soon-to-be-school. It sounds like he does.

And I also wonder what he would say regarding to law profs ethical responsibility in all of this. A good chunk of our tuition goes towards law profs' salaries. We basically are paying them 200,000k+ to write fluffy articles on the realist/formalist divide or the implications of XYZ v. Congress on the future of the Commerce Clause. He and his colleagues are making a good profit off of our gamble.
They'd be making a lot more in the private sector.
True, but they also have quite possibly the best QOL of any legal job anywhere.

It is hard for me to really take a professor seriously when a big reason we are charged such ridiculous tuition rates is to support his salary. Maybe that's shortsighted or misguided on my part, but it is a bias I'm having trouble overcoming.

But honestly, I'll be happy if this guy just gives me an A in his class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”