transfer transcript questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
haro

New

transfer transcript questions

Post by haro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:36 pm

so..say i completed 2 years at institution A then withdrew. say i then was enrolled in classes at institution B but later withdrew from that university as well. i then transferred to University C where i will complete my undergrad career.

I received no credits from university B when I enrolled in university C. Therefore, the only credits that count toward my degree from University C will be from Universities A and C. Also, there may or may not be a financial obligation to University B, I have not yet called University B registrar to find out.

my questions are:

1. Is my understanding that LSAC requires transcripts from A, B and C correct?

2. What happens if I have a financial obligation at University B, and they do not release my transcript? Keep in mind, there are NO credits from B going toward my degree.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help. I will be applying to law school this fall, and need to get my facts straight before I make any mistakes.

Unitas

Silver

Re: transfer transcript questions

Post by Unitas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:39 pm

haro wrote:so..say i completed 2 years at institution A then withdrew. say i then was enrolled in classes at institution B but later withdrew from that university as well. i then transferred to University C where i will complete my undergrad career.

I received no credits from university B when I enrolled in university C. Therefore, the only credits that count toward my degree from University C will be from Universities A and C. Also, there may or may not be a financial obligation to University B, I have not yet called University B registrar to find out.

my questions are:

2. What happens if I have a financial obligation at University B, and they do not release my transcript? Keep in mind, there are NO credits from B going toward my degree.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help. I will be applying to law school this fall, and need to get my facts straight before I make any mistakes.
1. Yes, a transcript from each school is required.
2. The school will most likely want money from you before they send the transcript. Plus you'd need to get it taken care of before applying for grad plus loans if you need them. Pay them?

Also, make sure you withdrew non-punitive. This may screw you over in a year if they WFed your classes.

haro

New

Post by haro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Unitas wrote:
haro wrote:so..say i completed 2 years at institution A then withdrew. say i then was enrolled in classes at institution B but later withdrew from that university as well. i then transferred to University C where i will complete my undergrad career.

my questions are:

2. The school will most likely want money from you before they send the transcript. Plus you'd need to get it taken care of before applying for grad plus loans if you need them. Pay them?

Also, make sure you withdrew non-punitive. This may screw you over in a year if they WFed your classes.

I understand that the school will require money (if i have an obligation) before sending the transcript. however, I can list the school as "yes" under "financial obligation?" when listing all of the undergrad institutions i attended/enrolled/withdrew etc for the Credential Assembly Service. If I do this, will law schools still require a transcript from that institution? I guess im just curious why we have the option to list a school as "yes" under "financial obligation?"

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:16 pm

haro wrote:
Unitas wrote:

my questions are:

I understand that the school will require money (if i have an obligation) before sending the transcript. however, I can list the school as "yes" under "financial obligation?" when listing all of the undergrad institutions i attended/enrolled/withdrew etc for the Credential Assembly Service. If I do this, will law schools still require a transcript from that institution? I guess im just curious why we have the option to list a school as "yes" under "financial obligation?"

Honestly, I don't know. Call LSAC if you want their complete and correct answer. It may have something to with getting grad loans.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”