UC Irvine Law Ranking Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Emmalemma

New

UC Irvine Law Ranking

Post by Emmalemma » Wed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Top. 20.
I am sick of hearing trash talk on UCI law becuase I have no idea where its coming from. Their median GPA is 3.65, and their median LSAT is 167, and NO it did not drop when the second class wasn't offered a full ride AND the class size increased.Wanna compare that to some other law schools?

USC GPA 3.60, LSAT 167
Cornell GPA 3.67, LSAT 167
Boston University GPA 3.77, LSAT 166
Notre Dame GPA 3.6 LSAT 166

Numbers don't lie. UCI's a top 20, no doubt. ABA can't *promise* accreditation, but realistically, UCI has pretty much already been guaranteed.
I think the people that are criticizing UCI and comparing it to 2nd tier schools probably only got into 2nd tier schools and are just bitter. UCI's faculty comes from THE BEST schools in the country- schools you probably didnt even get into- so i suggest you stop whining and just get the best education you can at whatever school you DID get into.

joonhp

Bronze

Re: UC Irvine Law Ranking

Post by joonhp » Wed May 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Emmalemma wrote:Top. 20.
I am sick of hearing trash talk on UCI law becuase I have no idea where its coming from. Their median GPA is 3.65, and their median LSAT is 167, and NO it did not drop when the second class wasn't offered a full ride AND the class size increased.Wanna compare that to some other law schools?

USC GPA 3.60, LSAT 167

Numbers don't lie. UCI's a top 20, no doubt. ABA can't *promise* accreditation, but realistically, UCI has pretty much already been guaranteed.
I think the people that are criticizing UCI and comparing it to 2nd tier schools probably only got into 2nd tier schools and are just bitter. UCI's faculty comes from THE BEST schools in the country- schools you probably didnt even get into- so i suggest you stop whining and just get the best education you can at whatever school you DID get into.
I'm sure UCI will do fine in the rankings, but let me guess....YOU GO TO UCI!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Emmalemma wrote:Top. 20.

USC GPA 3.60, LSAT 167

Number don't lie. UCI's a top 20, no doubt. ABA can't *promise* accreditation, but realistically, UCI has pretty much already been guaranteed.

Emmalemma

New

Post by Emmalemma » Wed May 19, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah I do go to UCI and the schools that i picked UCI over are not the schools that people are comparing it to, and its just ridiculous. The students at UCI made choices like UCI vs. UCLA, not UCI vs. hastings

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Wed May 19, 2010 5:48 pm

you know what i'm sick of? these freaking admissions officers trolling all over ARE FORUMS, dammit

(oh, and well-played Matlock...i'm a fan)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vandyorbust

New

Post by vandyorbust » Wed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Yeah, I was just looking at this and I have to agree. I think now that stats and numbers are in, its becoming more clear that irvine is definitely top tier. I applied here, and though it wasn't my first choice, I considered it among other top 20s. (even top 10's, but those were more of a reach for me)

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Wed May 19, 2010 5:52 pm

oh god, let the love-in begin....

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Wed May 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Never heard of this school.

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed May 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Matthies wrote:Never heard of this school.
lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

joshbrenton

New

Post by joshbrenton » Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 pm

OK, isn't this better, that UCI is fitting into the top tier?

Hear me out; I figure MOST people go to middle range schools, so you're competing against other middle range graduates for jobs, right? Isn't it better for all of you, if UC Irvine is in the top tier? Let them compete against USC or cornell or whatever, and you can go on competing against the VAST majority of middle range grads!!

The way I see it, is good riddance.
Last edited by joshbrenton on Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshbrenton

New

Post by joshbrenton » Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

It's a school in california. As a UC, its pretty well known here, but I think that after they are officially ranked, a lot more people will know about them, because in all fairness, they are looking pretty competitive.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:09 pm

This thread shows promise.

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Thank god you got rid of all the various factors in which to compare law schools. It's much simpler your way. :roll:
Last edited by NewLobo on Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:11 pm

joshbrenton wrote:
It's a school in california. As a UC, its pretty well known here, but I think that after they are officially ranked, a lot more people will know about them, because in all fairness, they are looking pretty competitive.
:lol:

vandyorbust

New

Post by vandyorbust » Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

joshbrenton wrote:OK, isn't this better, that UCI is fitting into the top tier?

Hear me out; I figure MOST people go to middle range schools, so you're competing against other middle range graduates for jobs, right? Isn't it better for all of you, if UC Irvine is in the top tier? Let them compete against USC or cornell or whatever, and you can go on competing against the VAST majority of middle range grads!!

Hahahahah! I never thought of it that way. Yes! Every should be happy about this!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 pm

vandyorbust wrote:

Hahahahah! I never thought of it that way. Yes! Every should be happy about this!

Why do you think he's drinking like that? Anyone?

NewLobo

New

Post by NewLobo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:Image

He dropped a quarter in there.
Last edited by NewLobo on Wed May 19, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Wed May 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
vandyorbust wrote:

Because he's an NU law grad that sent out 50 resumes without any luck and now he's moving back in with his parents to sell movies and music online?

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Wed May 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Well since GPA and LSAT are the only factors that determine a school's rank, I guess we've firmly established that UCI will be top 20.

1ferret!

Bronze

Post by 1ferret! » Wed May 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Attention, if you are one of the handful of people here with only 3 posts to your name and lobbying hard for UCI as if your life and certainly your ego depended on it...please stop. Although everyone else will enjoy ridiculing you, you likely wont. And BTW, refer to every other UCI post for the identical discussion.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed May 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Emmalemma wrote: I am sick of hearing trash talk on UCI law
everyone picks on the new kids

it's good natured hazing

or something like that
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed May 19, 2010 8:26 pm

The only way UCI law will ever be top tier is if they stomp on every school ranked below it, rendering the job prospects of students from those schools even bleaker.

And you expect us to accept UCI with open arms?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Danteshek wrote:The only way UCI law will ever be top tier is if they stomp on every school ranked below it, rendering the job prospects of students from those schools even bleaker.

Every?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Matthies wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
vandyorbust wrote:

Because he's an NU law grad that sent out 50 resumes without any luck and now he's moving back in with his parents to sell movies and music online?

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 pm

bk187 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:The only way UCI law will ever be top tier is if they stomp on every school ranked below it, rendering the job prospects of students from those schools even bleaker.

Every?
Maybe not, but certainly all T2 and below California schools.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”