Resume Submission Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fadedjoebreezy

New

Resume Submission

Post by Fadedjoebreezy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 am

?
Last edited by Fadedjoebreezy on Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsprophet

Bronze

Re: Resume Submission

Post by hsprophet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

Don't put an objective.

The resume is there for the adcomms to get an idea about your work history and achievements. They already know your objective - to get into law school. The resume is supplimental to the admissions package, unlike when seeking a job where it is the primary document.

Use an objective statement when seeking a job in which you need to clarify what you are looking for. If you have a business degree, you may want to say what type of business job you want. If you have a degree in secondary Spanish education, it's obvious you are looking to be a Spanish teacher and no statement is necessary.

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

hsprophet wrote:Don't put an objective.

The resume is there for the adcomms to get an idea about your work history and achievements. They already know your objective - to get into law school.

Use an objective statement when seeking a job in which you need to clarify what you are looking for. If you have a business degree, you may want to say what type of business job you want. If you have a degree in secondary Spanish education, it's obvious you are looking to be a Spanish teacher and no statement is necessary.
+1. They know why they're getting your resume.

Fadedjoebreezy

New

Post by Fadedjoebreezy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 am

This was my thinking, but being a 1st timer I wasn't 100% positive.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”