Does this warrant an addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Soda Mixer

New

Does this warrant an addendum?

Post by Soda Mixer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I spent the fall 2008 and spring 2009 semesters studying abroad, and due to my late return date I was unable to secure on- or near-campus housing for fall 09. My commute was well over an hour each way, and I ultimately withdrew from my only Tues/Thurs class. This saved a lot of gas and gained me two extra days off each week, but it also brought my credits down to ten and meant that I had to register for two 1-unit P/F courses.

Will the appearance of a W and two P's in one semester hurt me significantly at T14 schools? Or would the explanation--essentially, that I was too lazy to drive my ass to class five days a week--look even worse? (Of course, if I were to write an addendum, I would emphasize the struggle to maintain my academic performance while dealing with readjustment issues/culture shock etc.)

Thanks in advance!

TTTennis

Bronze

Re: Does this warrant an addendum?

Post by TTTennis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Soda Mixer wrote:I spent the fall 2008 and spring 2009 semesters studying abroad, and due to my late return date I was unable to secure on- or near-campus housing for fall 09. My commute was well over an hour each way, and I ultimately withdrew from my only Tues/Thurs class. This saved a lot of gas and gained me two extra days off each week, but it also brought my credits down to ten and meant that I had to register for two 1-unit P/F courses.

Will the appearance of a W and two P's in one semester hurt me significantly at T14 schools? Or would the explanation--essentially, that I was too lazy to drive my ass to class five days a week--look even worse? (Of course, if I were to write an addendum, I would emphasize the struggle to maintain my academic performance while dealing with readjustment issues/culture shock etc.)

Thanks in advance!
I would have a hard time believing someone would consider not wanting to travel 2 hours to class as lazy. As for your question, no idea, but I really can't imagine it would. You could provide a (very brief) addendum just in case. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt anything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”