I Love Berkeley Law Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SandyC877

Bronze

I Love Berkeley Law

Post by SandyC877 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Dinged today via Email.

I do appreciate Berkeley as an institution though. [strike]I'm still a fan and will look for an opportunity to[/strike][strike]transfer[/strike] I'm looking forward to graduate from UCI instead. It worked out for the better.
Last edited by SandyC877 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

jks289

Silver

Re: Berkeley sends rejection via email?

Post by jks289 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:28 pm

I just wrote that I prefer this in another thread. There is zero wait and you have you answer and can move on. I believe a letter comes later as well, though.

eshort

New

Post by eshort » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

I wish all decisions were via email. If they want to send a letter in addition, thats okay; having the immediateness of an email is much preferred for me, though.

JP09

New

Post by JP09 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Rejected via email...sigh. I knew with my GPA i wouldn't be getting in, but it was worth a shot. Edward Tom is a classy individual and it was reflected in his rejection letter. Georgetown, on the other hand - their waitlist letter ruined my day.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 pm

JP09 wrote:Rejected via email...sigh. I knew with my GPA i wouldn't be getting in, but it was worth a shot. Edward Tom is a classy individual and it was reflected in his rejection letter. Georgetown, on the other hand - their waitlist letter ruined my day.
Ha, I actually felt the same way about the Georgetown letter. I know this is a form letter and so it is really bullshit. But I still felt better reading I was rejected from Berkely than waitlisted at Georgetown. Georgetown's letter was basically "Well, we waitlisted you. But you probably won't get in. There is another special waitlist that you are not on. Some of those people may get in, but probably not, and certainly not you. So pay your deposits elsewhere and we will keep thinking about it. You should feel special we didn't just kick you to the curb. Love, Dean Cornblatt."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JP09

New

Post by JP09 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

jks289 wrote:
JP09 wrote:Rejected via email...sigh. I knew with my GPA i wouldn't be getting in, but it was worth a shot. Edward Tom is a classy individual and it was reflected in his rejection letter. Georgetown, on the other hand - their waitlist letter ruined my day.
Ha, I actually felt the same way about the Georgetown letter. I know this is a form letter and so it is really bullshit. But I still felt better reading I was rejected from Berkely than waitlisted at Georgetown. Georgetown's letter was basically "Well, we waitlisted you. But you probably won't get in. There is another special waitlist that you are not on. Some of those people may get in, but probably not, and certainly not you. So pay your deposits elsewhere and we will keep thinking about it. You should feel special we didn't just kick you to the curb. Love, Dean Cornblatt."

My thoughts EXACTLY. The last 2 weeks have been downers. I had really hoped to stay in-state, and Berkeley was my top choice. Sigh...how has your cycle been so far?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

JP09 wrote:
jks289 wrote:

My thoughts EXACTLY. The last 2 weeks have been downers. I had really hoped to stay in-state, and Berkeley was my top choice. Sigh...how has your cycle been so far?
Cycle has been... meh. In at WUSTL, BU, W&L. Waitlist at UCLA, Georgetown. Sent from EA to RD at Cornell. Out at Michigan, Berkeley, Harvard, NYU, Penn (UVA and NU too, though they haven't told me that yet). Waiting to here on maybe 6 others, but really just praying for Cornell or a miracle at Duke. Not to rub salt in the wound, but I spoke to someone who is absolutely in the know at Georgetown and he told me there is no way they are getting to the non-preferred waitlist this year. Anyway, looks like we're moving to Boston. It's my husband's hometown, so things could be worse. You?

JP09

New

Re: I Love Berkeley Law

Post by JP09 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:30 pm

I like how the name of the topic changed! :lol: Congratulations for all the schools to which you've been accepted! They're all really great schools. I got into BU, WUSTL, and Vandy, waitlisted at Georgetown, and now rejected from Berkeley. I guess now I'm praying for UCLA/USC. Maybe I'll get into Cornell and I'll see you there! Good luck on the rest of your cycle :D

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 pm

How is berkeley with financial aid, both need and merit based?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 pm

adameus wrote:How is berkeley with financial aid, both need and merit based?
Apparently quite strong on need aid and thus not so much on merit aid.

Billy Blanks

Bronze

Post by Billy Blanks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
adameus wrote:How is berkeley with financial aid, both need and merit based?
Apparently quite strong on need aid and thus not so much on merit aid.
This is actually a really big thing for me. I didn't think it would be (say hey to LRAP), but after an interview for a scholarship, I've realized that I can get money before I graduate. Please come through Berk.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”