???-Should CLEO acceptances be reported to Adcomms? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SôngHươngNúiNgự

New

???-Should CLEO acceptances be reported to Adcomms?

Post by SôngHươngNúiNgự » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Last edited by SôngHươngNúiNgự on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mb88

Bronze

Re: ???-Should CLEO acceptances be reported to Adcomms?

Post by mb88 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 am

The primary benefit is that you can tell the future, and determine whether or not you'll be admitted before you spend money on an application.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am

SôngHươngNúiNgự wrote:Any great benefits to telling an admissions committee that you've been accepted to CLEO? Hope to see your answers.
Yes. Adcoms know you're serious about doing well. Who but a serious student spends the summer BEFORE their first year of law school studying cases, taking graded exams, writing essays and doing research in a hot library? CLEO can turn a possible rejection into a waitlist, and a waitlist into a yes, especially if you do exceptionally well. CLEO eliminates a bit of the risk that you won't be up-to-speed when school begins, and that can make adcoms take a closer look at you. the more pretraining you get, the less help you need once school begins. They are familiar with the program, so they know what you are being taught. Tell them!

SôngHươngNúiNgự

New

Post by SôngHươngNúiNgự » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Last edited by SôngHươngNúiNgự on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViIIager

Bronze

Post by ViIIager » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm

mb88 wrote:The primary benefit is that you can tell the future, and determine whether or not you'll be admitted before you spend money on an application.

You are my winner of the day. Congratulations! :D

Also, if CLEO accepts you as her lawyer, you can actually bill some decent hours thanks to the FTC.
--LinkRemoved--

POSERmyLOVE

New

Post by POSERmyLOVE » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:57 pm

I just did this, sent an email to USD and UCLA.....hopefully this will give me a boost and perhaps an acceptance!!
I was apart of the UCLA Law Fellows Program but I did horrible on my LSAT so maybe they'll take me serious once they see I got accepted into this program!!!

good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”