Asking for more scholarship money - timing and methods? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Great Satchmo

Silver

Asking for more scholarship money - timing and methods?

Post by Great Satchmo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 pm

So I'm looking around on Law School Numbers, and I realize for my GPA/LSAT my scholarship is a little lower than some others that are generally equitable (I have pretty good softs).

I only got my app in on January 4th, the decision was on the 7th, and had the acceptance packet 2 days later. Whether it means anything or not, the dean who signed the letter wrote a few sentences on the side of the acceptance/scholarship letter (I fully understand this could be the shittier school trying to make me feel special, while not being anything big).

When/how would one go about asking for more scholarship money? I probably won't entirely entertain the school unless I can get a bit more.

taytay

New

Re: Asking for more scholarship money - timing and methods?

Post by taytay » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be but considering that the school rendered a decision so quick and you only want to go there if you get more money I would ask right away.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Re: Asking for more scholarship money - timing and methods?

Post by Great Satchmo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 pm

taytay wrote:I'm not sure what the best way to go about it would be but considering that the school rendered a decision so quick and you only want to go there if you get more money I would ask right away.
That's my thinking, since it moved so quickly, I should probably seek more money now.

I just don't know how to go about it in two respects: first the medium and person of contact, if I need to imply a commitment to the school if a higher scholarship offer is made.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”