A quick resume pointer Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BlakcMajikc

Silver

Re: A quick resume pointer

Post by BlakcMajikc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:40 pm

I disagree completely. I think you should have the baseball experience on your resume to "complete your story." Also the year/age is right on the cusp where using the year in the resume wouldn't be too off base.

Have you ever asked an admissions officer or pre-law advisor about that one? I would love to get a non-speculative answer about protocol on that one.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:25 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:I disagree completely. I think you should have the baseball experience on your resume to "complete your story." Also the year/age is right on the cusp where using the year in the resume wouldn't be too off base.

Have you ever asked an admissions officer or pre-law advisor about that one? I would love to get a non-speculative answer about protocol on that one.
That guy's baseball stuff is so far beyond the norm it really might be worth listing.

General HS sports though? Hell no.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:35 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:I disagree completely. I think you should have the baseball experience on your resume to "complete your story." Also the year/age is right on the cusp where using the year in the resume wouldn't be too off base.
Well for me, I'm now 34 so the baseball stuff has no relevance to me as a person or a law school applicant. I did, however, write about it in my "why Marquette" essay because I do want to focus my law education on the sports field. I also have several years as a strength & conditioning/sports performance coach for high level athletes ( NFL, MLB, etc. ) which a again helps explain my direction towards sports law.

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:55 am

Gotcha... ok, didn't catch that your age either. Makes sense.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:45 am

CSCS Trainer wrote:
Well for me, I'm now 34 so the baseball stuff has no relevance to me as a person or a law school applicant. I did, however, write about it in my "why Marquette" essay because I do want to focus my law education on the sports field. I also have several years as a strength & conditioning/sports performance coach for high level athletes ( NFL, MLB, etc. ) which a again helps explain my direction towards sports law.
Check out the fitness thread in the lounge dude. There are a lot of people on these boards who are really into bodybuilding and powerlifting. I feel like you'd have some good insights to add.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”