- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 am
2. Growing up and struggling with ADHD. How it has shaped me as a person
3. Working at one of the top pediatric hospitals ad research centers in the country postgraduation. Being published in a major journal. How that experience has shaped me, my life outlook and professional goals
What would be your vote? Thanks.
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:39 pm
- Posts: 13922
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am
1. this isn't about you, it's about your mom
2. risky to harp on the fact that you have ADHD. It may be disclosed in other ways in your app and that's ok, but you don't want it to be the single most memorable thing the adcomms know about you.
3. writing about your entire time there and all your duties and accomplishments is too much of a resume dump, but I bet you had some experiences at the hospital that would make great topics.
- Posts: 324
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:03 pm
3 could be good too, based on how you write it. Leave the publication part out and put it on your resume unless you focus on the research steps to achieve the publication. Focus on one important experience and create a thematic story behind it rather than focusing on three/four related experiences where your describing them rather than showing how one actually impacted you.
- Posts: 599
- Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm
#2 could be good, but then you have to remember that there is a stigma around mental health issues. I would pick this one if you really emphasize overcoming the disorder because it might look bad on you if you can't pay attention for long periods of time
#3 would work only if you are going to talk about how you would like to work in a field of law that deals with the medical field.
So definitely not 1, but maybe 2 or 3.
Want to continue reading?
Register now to search topics and post comments!
Already a member? Login
Clerkship, Spring The candidate will engage in cutting-edge constitutional litigation. Will have the opportun... read more
Clerkship, Fall The candidate will have opportunity to substantively contribute to active litigation, work cl... read more
Summer Internship The intern may be asked to do a variety of things, including day-to-day office work such as... read more