I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
JoeShmoe11

Bronze

I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I'm not an elitist or anything so if you are neither of these and think you are a competent critiquer please feel free to PM me. Even f you don't give me the best advice I will definitely still be up to swap! :lol: I've done about twenty edits/critiques now so I should be helpful!

UPDATE: Wow only 35 minutes and I've already had quite a few people contact me. I've emailed my essay to two people who agreed to go over it for $5. Once I hear back from them and make the suggested changes I will probably require additional assistance. In the meantime anyone interested please send me a PM and I will PM you back if I need any more help. Thanks to everyone who has already contacted me!!
Last edited by JoeShmoe11 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Re: I Will PAY You If You Can Give Me a GREAT Critique of My PS

Post by ResolutePear » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I'm not an elitist or anything so if you are neither of these and think you are a competent critiquer please feel free to PM me. Even f you don't give me the best advice I will definitely still be up to swap! :lol: I've done about twenty edits/critiques now so I should be helpful!
I don't understand...

If you're willing to pay: ask a professor and buy him a coffee/beer/scotch while you guys talk about it.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:Hello everyone. I've contacted quite a few people about my personal statement and am nearing my final draft. Since I am nearing my final draft I could really use some HARSH and competent critiquers/editors to help me out. However I'm sure that the best critiquers are very busy people. So I am using the Capitalism approach and I am offering $5 sent via Paypal to anyone who can give me a SOLID critique of my paper and help me turn it into an Ivy-worthy piece. I'll even swap with you in addition to paying you! I have a couple of things I would like help with specifically. If you are interested shoot me a PM. The key here though is that I need some REALLY competent critiquers - people with writing experience and others with Ivy ambitions come to mind.

I don't understand...

If you're willing to pay: ask a professor and buy him a coffee/beer/scotch while you guys talk about it.
Unfortunately I wasn't in school this last semester and haven't started the coming semester yet so I don't really have access to any of my UG's services. Thank you for the suggestion though.

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am

I will do it for $5. Pm me and I can get it to you tomorrow.

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 am

Ask anyone who's PS I've critiqued... I'm the most thorough. I'm in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 am

hey js, not sure if you received my message, but send it over. Again, thanks for taking a look at my ps.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

I've emailed my essay to two people who agreed to go over it for $5. Duckmoney once I hear back from them and make the suggested changes I will get back to you and let you know if I need further assistance Chances are I probably will. In the meantime anyone interested please send me a PM and I will PM you back after my next draft.

jennamc_85

New

Post by jennamc_85 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”