University of Illinois 2011!!! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
dude

New

Re: University of Illinois 2011!!!

Post by dude » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Crap... Your last few posts have made sense. UIUC is def highly ranked and from your experience at the school of law it does seem that the place may actually be pretty open and liberal despite being in the midwest.

gengar

New

Post by gengar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:31 pm

hkm6315 wrote:^Are you attending UIUC anyways though?
No, I am not. My opinion is that it's still a solid school for students dead set on Chicago, and it's also a great scholarship safety school for high-LSAT splitters; I also don't think it's necessarily a lousy student environment, which was my impression of Fordham and Hastings based on my visits to those campuses, but unfortunately my UIUC visit did play a large part in eliminating it from consideration. I also hope other students benefited from the scholarship $$$ I cleared up. :)

dude wrote:Crap... Your last few posts have made sense. UIUC is def highly ranked and from your experience at the school of law it does seem that the place may actually be pretty open and liberal despite being in the midwest.
Urbana/Champaign is quite a college town, and I'd imagine those tend to be pretty progressive in general... although I didn't spend long enough there to have any personal experiences indicating such. There was a thread a while back on this forum from someone asking if UIUC was "gay-friendly", so there might be more commentary regarding the "openness" of the community there.

dude

New

Post by dude » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Does anyone think that UIUC is a freindly enviroment for LGBT students... I just don't want to be stuck somewhere where I'm always watching my back or feeling conspicuous.

solrac84

New

Post by solrac84 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 am

I saw a guy with a jedi haircut when I visited the campus (one long braided strand of hair on the lower side of his head, with the rest of his head shaved). From my experiences, jedi's are friendly people. If there are more of his kind in champaign, I think your in good shape dude.

Does anyone know about any indoor soccer leagues at uiuc?

fightin illini 25

New

Post by fightin illini 25 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:50 pm

solrac84 wrote:Does anyone know about any indoor soccer leagues at uiuc?
I went to U of I undergrad and played in the intermural soccer league, they have a pretty good one through campus recreation, it was a lot of fun.

dude wrote:Does anyone think that UIUC is a freindly enviroment for LGBT students... I just don't want to be stuck somewhere where I'm always watching my back or feeling conspicuous.
The school is pretty laid back about people's sexual preference unless you were in a frat or sorority. Otherwise I can say that U of I is a very liberal campus and accepting of everyone.

Hope this helps

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”