Acceptances but Need Advice with Financial Aid Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
a.psu

New

Acceptances but Need Advice with Financial Aid

Post by a.psu » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello! First time TLS poster, long time reader. Thus far, I have been accepted into Columbia, NYU, U Penn, U Michigan, U Chicago, Vanderbilt, and Indiana Maurer. However, I've only gotten scholarships from Vandy & Indiana. I have two questions

1) Has anyone heard back about financial aid at the other schools I mentioned?
2) Also, how can I contact schools to speed up the process if possible and/or entice them to give me a scholarship?

Financial aid is a huge factor in me being able to go to law school and NYU is my top choice but I would be perfectly fine with Columbia, U Penn, U Michigan, and U Chicago.

Thank you in advance for your help

sfreuden

New

Re: Acceptances but Need Advice with Financial Aid

Post by sfreuden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:44 am

a.psu wrote:Hello! First time TLS poster, long time reader. Thus far, I have been accepted into Columbia, NYU, U Penn, U Michigan, U Chicago, Vanderbilt, and Indiana Maurer. However, I've only gotten scholarships from Vandy & Indiana. I have two questions

1) Has anyone heard back about financial aid at the other schools I mentioned?
2) Also, how can I contact schools to speed up the process if possible and/or entice them to give me a scholarship?

Financial aid is a huge factor in me being able to go to law school and NYU is my top choice but I would be perfectly fine with Columbia, U Penn, U Michigan, and U Chicago.

Thank you in advance for your help
(1) Columbia will likely release financial aid next week, going by previous years. NYU sent out the first wave of financial aid packages, and the second wave will likely go out next week.

Cannot comment on other schools.

(2) If you have scholarship deadlines, I would e-mail the financial aid offices and politely inform them.

ahnhub

Silver

Post by ahnhub » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:20 am

Michigan admits have been getting FA within 2 weeks of their acceptance. Log onto their ASW and click 'Mail and Money'--if you have an award it should show up.

Hopefully you completed all of the schools' FA requirements? Penn, Columbia, NYU all require NeedAccess. Penn is probably gonna start sending out awards in 1-2 weeks; NYU has already sent out the first batch, and a 2nd wave is coming soon; Columbia I'm not sure but I'm thinking they will start rolling in April.

a.psu

New

Post by a.psu » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for letting me know! I did fill out all the FA requirements so hopefully I'll end up hearing soon. I just hope its good news :)

a.psu

New

Post by a.psu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Update, thus far for U Penn, I received no aid but was advised to let the merit scholarship committee know of any pertinent information. Any advice on what to send other than other fin aid offers?

Thank you!

adlivin_86

New

Post by adlivin_86 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 am

SPAM

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”