Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer Forum
-
cooper17

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 am
Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
How long before I should tell myself "no answer is my answer...?"
-
dddhhh

- Posts: 264
- Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
When did you send it?
- northwood

- Posts: 5036
- Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
im sure they will send you a response soon. right now they are trying to work on decisions. give them some time.
-
cooper17

- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 am
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
I sent it January 18th...are they just ignoring me? They never even wrote me back to say they received it.
- Justathought

- Posts: 977
- Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:16 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
I just sent in mine. Keep us posted on your effort.cooper17 wrote:I sent it January 18th...are they just ignoring me? They never even wrote me back to say they received it.
-
legallyblonde:)

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
What all did you send in your letter? I'm trying to figure out how exactly to negociate for scholarship $ when I don't have an offer from a school but I have offers from peer schools.
-
krad

- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
See this page, it's a great resource: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 22&t=79373legallyblonde:) wrote:What all did you send in your letter? I'm trying to figure out how exactly to negociate for scholarship $ when I don't have an offer from a school but I have offers from peer schools.
-
legallyblonde:)

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
I've heard mixed opinions on emails vs. snail mail. Should I literally send a copy of my other scholarship offer with my letter/email? Thanks for the help btw!
- northwood

- Posts: 5036
- Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
if you negotiate with a school and get a better offer- how bad is it to turn it down for another schools offer? ( i.e you play one school against another)? or is my conscience acting up again?
-
krad

- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am
Re: Financial Aid Negotiation Letter...waiting for an answer
I don't think it's that big of a deal, as long as you didn't say anything like "I will attend if I am offered $". The schools know that we play them against each other, I'm surenorthwood wrote:if you negotiate with a school and get a better offer- how bad is it to turn it down for another schools offer? ( i.e you play one school against another)? or is my conscience acting up again?