External Scholarships for 1Ls? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jetgirl

New

External Scholarships for 1Ls?

Post by jetgirl » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew of good resources for finding external scholarships for 1Ls. Everywhere I look I find lots of info for 2 and 3Ls, but very little for 1Ls. Any help would be appreciated. Snarky comments that "such things don't exist" will automatically be counted as a FAIL.

sethc

Bronze

Re: External Scholarships for 1Ls?

Post by sethc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm not the "snarky" type on here, but do you mean 'external scholarships' as being shit like "The John W. Doe Down Syndrome Excellence Award" type of things?? It's unclear from your OP but that's just how I took it. If so, I understand what you're asking.. and I think for the most part, these things are often school-specific. So, you might want to contact your school(s) adcomm's to ask. However, I'd say there's some kind of "Scholarship" search bank or database out there that would list stuff like this. I've never searched personally, but try Googling something like that and see what you come up with. Questions? Ask away.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 pm

This is a great site. I've applied to a number of these already.

http://www.law.yale.edu/admissions/outs ... rships.htm

Good luck!

jetgirl

New

Post by jetgirl » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks for the Yale site!

To clarify, I was looking for awards that are offered by outside organizations (e.g. the ABA, Rotary or similar entities) and could be applied to the cost of whatever school I end up attending.

dchunny614

New

Post by dchunny614 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:17 pm

fastweb.com
Are you an ethnic minority??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”