UVA Scholarships Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
kak5n

Bronze

UVA Scholarships

Post by kak5n » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I was just accepted last week, but nothing was mentioned about scholarship money. Is there anything I can do at this point to get merit-based scholarships from the school? Or should I assume they will not offer me any money if they did not do so when I was accepted? UVA is my top choice, but if another school offers me money it will be a tough decision.

Fresh

Silver

Re: UVA Scholarships

Post by Fresh » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:06 pm

kak5n wrote:I was just accepted last week, but nothing was mentioned about scholarship money. Is there anything I can do at this point to get merit-based scholarships from the school? Or should I assume they will not offer me any money if they did not do so when I was accepted? UVA is my top choice, but if another school offers me money it will be a tough decision.
Congrats on getting into your top choice!!!
I received a merit-based scholarship along with my acceptance letter.
However, should be you be admitted into other schools in UVA's range (Mich, Penn) and they offer you money, you can definitely use that as a bargaining chip to try to get some help from UVA. Good luck!

kak5n

Bronze

Post by kak5n » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Fresh wrote:
kak5n wrote:I was just accepted last week, but nothing was mentioned about scholarship money. Is there anything I can do at this point to get merit-based scholarships from the school? Or should I assume they will not offer me any money if they did not do so when I was accepted? UVA is my top choice, but if another school offers me money it will be a tough decision.
Congrats on getting into your top choice!!!
I received a merit-based scholarship along with my acceptance letter.
However, should be you be admitted into other schools in UVA's range (Mich, Penn) and they offer you money, you can definitely use that as a bargaining chip to try to get some help from UVA. Good luck!
Thanks! I was really excited- it was my first acceptance too! So he didn't mention any money during your phone call but you got the scholarship money with the letter? It seems like other people were informed of the scholarship money during the phone call. I am still waiting on my letter though.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:11 pm

kak5n wrote:
Thanks! I was really excited- it was my first acceptance too! So he didn't mention any money during your phone call but you got the scholarship money with the letter? It seems like other people were informed of the scholarship money during the phone call. I am still waiting on my letter though.
he did mention it during the phone call

archie&veronica

New

Post by archie&veronica » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:27 pm

I also got a scholarship offer with my phone call acceptance but if you check LSN from last year you'll find people who didn't get any $ until months after they were accepted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”