Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
futurewomaninlaw

New

Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools?

Post by futurewomaninlaw » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been able to find much admissions data for non-AA URM applicants, and I would love some help in setting a target LSAT score for T14 schools. I am a Mexican-American woman. My GPA is on the lower side for these schools at 3.5 (rounded up) from a top 10 school (non-Ivy) and I have some decent softs like being a polyglot, having triple citizenship, nonprofit work experience, leadership positions, and experience teaching English and Spanish to foreigners all over the world and teaching low-income children in my home city. I'm leaning toward public interest law so I'm hoping my softs will help me out there, but I am going into law school with an open mind and would like to explore all areas.

Since my GPA is not as strong as I wish it was, what LSAT score should I be aiming for to have a good chance at T14 schools? T5 (if possible)?

I would appreciate any advice or feedback from you guys. I will most likely be applying next cycle to start in Fall 2022 after two gap years. Thank you in advance!!

trafalgar

New

Re: Non-AA URM LSAT Top 14 Schools?

Post by trafalgar » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

You should aim to score as high as possible, but a 165+ should get your apps a good look across the bottom half of the T-14. If you can manage a 170+, you can probably snag some T6 acceptances and YHS becomes a real possibility.

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”