URM In-House Counsel Answering Questions

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
WastingMyLife

New

URM In-House Counsel Answering Questions

Post by WastingMyLife » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 pm

I've been in-house counsel for the past 2 years at a major company (you've heard of it and probably used its services at some point). Prior to being in-house, I worked at an AM 500 law firm for several years, transferring from a mid-sized law firm prior to that. I graduated from Berkeley in 2012. Happy to answer any questions.

Tailormade18

New

Re: URM In-House Counsel Answering Questions

Post by Tailormade18 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:42 pm

How many years did you have to work before you went in-house? Do you think it is possible to go in-house without first working for a “Big Law” form? Did you take a substantial pay cut?

Thanks!

Intro-gamer

New

Post by Intro-gamer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 am

WastingMyLife wrote:I've been in-house counsel for the past 2 years at a major company (you've heard of it and probably used its services at some point). Prior to being in-house, I worked at an AM 500 law firm for several years, transferring from a mid-sized law firm prior to that. I graduated from Berkeley in 2012. Happy to answer any questions.
What was your practice area at the firm? Is your practice area as in-house counsel the same as your practice area when you were a firm associate? Or have you adopted a more generalist role?

What have been the pros and cons of going in-house in your opinion?

HPCompaqLA230

New

Post by HPCompaqLA230 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks for answering everyone. Very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum”