Not happy with my first lsat. Should I still EA Cornell? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jcan91

Bronze

Not happy with my first lsat. Should I still EA Cornell?

Post by jcan91 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I recently got my October score back and I know it's not nearly as good as it could have been. I'm anxious especially because thanks to a bad first semester, my gpa is also not where it could be. I've resolved to retake in December which means pushing apps back...alot, but with the EA deadline for Cornell extended to Nov. 5th, I was wondering whether it was still worth applying to them EA.

I'm an AA female with a 3.3X gpa and a 162 lsat.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

lawprospie

Bronze

Re: Not happy with my first lsat. Should I still EA Cornell?

Post by lawprospie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 am

I wish I could help you out, but I'm facing the same decision. I'm retaking in Dec. My thought is why not apply now, they will automatically know you're taking the Dec test...so they will either admit you with your current numbers or hold off until the Dec scrores come back (I think that's the way this thing works). But yeah...I'm sending all my apps out in the very near future and telling them to hold off until my Dec score.

jcan91

Bronze

Re: Not happy with my first lsat. Should I still EA Cornell?

Post by jcan91 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Hm, yeah I think I might go half-way and send a few out now, then send the rest when I get my score. Such a toos-up, but hey, what else can we do?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”