- Posts: 91
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:42 pm
1) Mexican-American URM, my father has pretty extensive Mayan ancestry.
2) First generation college student. Both my parents emigrated to the US in the 1980s, and my father only has a 6th grade education.
3) Parents divorced when I was around 8 years old, then we moved to Memphis, TN with my mom and stepfather.
4) Growing up in the south was extremely hard as a latino, even middle school kids could be brutally racist. Hardly a day went by without someone calling me a "dirty mexican", and I even took up boxing because I wanted to fight some of these kids (never did).
5) English is my 3rd language (after spanish and portuguese), yet I managed to excel in highschool and got a scholarship to an Ivy league.
6) Stepfather lost his job my freshman year, and I had to work throughout college.
Edit: Maybe some of these should fall under my personal statement? I haven't started that yet either, so help on the PS would be great as well!
Some numbers as well: I have a 2.8 GPA (providing addendum) and a 172 LSAT (retaking in June).
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm
Clerkship, Spring The candidate will engage in cutting-edge constitutional litigation. Will have the opportun... read more
Clerkship, Fall The candidate will have opportunity to substantively contribute to active litigation, work cl... read more
Summer Internship The intern may be asked to do a variety of things, including day-to-day office work such as... read more