Trying to get to HLS Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kcam1991

Bronze

Trying to get to HLS

Post by kcam1991 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I am an AA male at the University of Miami. I want to get into HLS, but I want to know how I can prepare for that now. I am a rising junior. Do you think it would be best for me to take the LSAT in June, so I can apply early for HLS? Also, is there any current AA male students that could give any helpful advice. I have a 3.83 LSDAS gpa.

Thanks

Moxie

Silver

Re: Trying to get to HLS

Post by Moxie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Take the June LSAT (following your junior year) if possible. Then you can still retake in September/October if you didn't get as high as you wanted.

I am current AA male 2L at HLS, so you're welcome to post or PM me any questions! Congrats on the great GPA too!

Also, make sure to enjoy college, it's great that you're thinking ahead to LS, but UG is an amazing time and you should have as much fun as possible.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”