My Personal Statement is almost like a diversity statement Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KingMotambo

New

My Personal Statement is almost like a diversity statement

Post by KingMotambo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:29 pm

I have written a personal statement which reflects my experiences moving from different countries to reach America. Can this be thought of as a diversity statement? Will it be redundant if I do write a diversity statement when my personal statement can more accurately describe where I am from and where I have been?

Thanks.

nire120

New

Re: My Personal Statement is almost like a diversity statement

Post by nire120 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:54 pm

My essay was very similar in style and where they had an "optional" diversity statement, I didn't add one because I didn't want to sound redundant. If you've said everything you can in the essay and its tight and well-written I think it's good enough - in some ways, I think it's better and more genuine. Your "diversity" is part of who you are, which is the point of the personal statement

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”