Jake's blog Forum

Mr. Hart

New

Jake's blog

Post by Mr. Hart » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:57 pm

I've never really had a blog but seeing as though this is a crucial point in my life I thought it would be cool to share and keep track of my thoughts.

The LSAT is next Sat. at 9am and I am still extremely stressed out. I've worked extremely hard to get my score to hit the lower to mid 160's... but it's not constant. For me, it really depends on the questions and the wording, if I get off... I just lose it.

And so, for the next week and a half I will spends hours upon hours going over my books and doing sections of PrepTests with a goal of attaining consistency. The fact that so much rides on a single test is almost too much for me to take, but I'll be fine. Even if I don't get into a top choice law school, I will still be in law school and I can work my butt of and transfer if that's really the road I want to take. Now I just have to convince myself of that so I can focus on the test and not worry that law school is out of the question. It's still frustratingly hard not to have anxiety.

Mr. Hart

New

Post by Mr. Hart » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:22 pm

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary comes to me,
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me,

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree,
there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is still a chance that they will see,
there will be an answer. let it be.

Let it be, let it be, .....

And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, mother Mary comes to me,

Let it be, let it be, .....

Mr. Hart

New

Post by Mr. Hart » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Today is a great day. I had a practice exam today with The Princeton Review and scored exceptionally well; higher than I've ever scored. All of my hard work is starting to pay off and it really feels good to have a plan and strategy to tackle this exam.

I scored 20+ points in the arguments sections and did equally well in the RC section. The games section, which is usually my strongest section faltered a little on this test but I attributed it to a very difficult set of games; 1 easy, 1 medium, and 2 hard. No excuses however, as this just shows me what I need to concentrate on this week.

I plan to keep this momentum going throughout the week and into the weekend. Cheers!, and good luck to all in your final preparations.

Mr. Hart

New

Post by Mr. Hart » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Confidence, that is the term that best describes my mood right now.

For the past 5 months I have been studying, practicing, and losing hair in an effort to give myself the best chance I could possibly have to do well on the LSAT. I accomplished my goal. No matter what tomorrow brings I at least can walk away knowing that I put every ounce of myself into preparing for the test.

Am I going to score in the 170's? Most likely not, and I am ok with that. The range that I was aiming for, however, is certainly within my grasp. This test is a culmination of work and determination and I'm not going to give in to stress or anxiety now. I had the opportunity to do that for the last 5 months. I will do the best I can and I will succeed.

I'm going to go to my test site right now, sit in a chair, visualize, and then come back home. I'll grab a glass or two of wine and watch a movie. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

I wish everyone who is taking the test tomorrow the same calmness and confidence I have expressed. It is just a test. Not a test of knowledge or intelligence, the LSAT is just a way for you to show why you belong in law school. Take full advantage of it. Don't be scared of it. Don't hide from it. Don't let it get to you. Sit down, breath, and bubble your way into law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”