University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Post Reply
Inhousefuture

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:40 pm

University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes

Post by Inhousefuture » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:25 pm

Hello,

What are outcomes for University of Washington, Seattle graduates who DO NOT GET BIGLAW, in terms of placement and salary?

Thanks

aspiring0L

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:44 pm

Re: University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes

Post by aspiring0L » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Inhousefuture wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:25 pm
Hello,

What are outcomes for University of Washington, Seattle graduates in terms of placement and salary?

Thanks
Fixed it for you.

crazywafflez

Silver
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:15 am

Working in smaller or midsized firms or working for the local govt. Local govt salary will be around 65-80k (I looked at the city attorney's salaries online for Seattle and it seems to be starting attorneys around 70, and senior ones are around 6 figures). Smaller or midsized firms will vary wildly by billable reqs etc., but I'd guess between 70-100k, with most falling between 80-90.

aspiring0L

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:44 pm

Re: University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes

Post by aspiring0L » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:51 am

crazywafflez wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:15 am
Working in smaller or midsized firms or working for the local govt. Local govt salary will be around 65-80k (I looked at the city attorney's salaries online for Seattle and it seems to be starting attorneys around 70, and senior ones are around 6 figures). Smaller or midsized firms will vary wildly by billable reqs etc., but I'd guess between 70-100k, with most falling between 80-90.
Interesting, what does big law pay in the area?

crazywafflez

Silver
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: University of Washington Non-Biglaw outcomes

Post by crazywafflez » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:22 pm

aspiring0L wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:51 am
crazywafflez wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:15 am
Working in smaller or midsized firms or working for the local govt. Local govt salary will be around 65-80k (I looked at the city attorney's salaries online for Seattle and it seems to be starting attorneys around 70, and senior ones are around 6 figures). Smaller or midsized firms will vary wildly by billable reqs etc., but I'd guess between 70-100k, with most falling between 80-90.
Interesting, what does big law pay in the area?
What do you consider BL? Amlaw 200 or? My guess is a few firms pay market (205), a good deal more pay around 170-190, and the rest pay around 130-160. But, the majority of U dubb grads will be at those smaller firm gigs rather than in BL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Choosing a Law School”