IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Post Reply
tonyxichl

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:07 am

IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by tonyxichl » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:01 am

I am an engineering undergraduate with a few years work-ex in the semiconductors and equipment leasing industry, an international student. I am pretty interested in IP / Tech law. I got a three quarters scholarship offer from Chicago Kent; a one-third scholarship from New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law; and I need help with the following queries for school decision:

1. How do both compare to each other, and which one is the better choice to pick?
2. Career prospects after JD for both schools, especially for international status students, especially in IP / tech law?
2. Which state is the better place to pass the bar exam?

Thanks!

Jchance

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:17 am

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by Jchance » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Neither. Try shooting for at least a T1 school.

nixy

Gold
Posts: 4006
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:58 am

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by nixy » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:02 pm

Where do you want to work when you’re done?


CanadianWolf

Diamond
Posts: 11271
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:22 pm

If I understand correctly, you will pay about $13,000 per year at Chicago-Kent for tuition and fees.

https://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/kent/jobs

http://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/nh

What is your highest LSAT score ?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


tonyxichl

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:07 am

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by tonyxichl » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:33 pm

nixy wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:02 pm
Where do you want to work when you’re done?
Seems like, Chicago is the third law job market, New Hampshire was really close to Boston, and both schools are regional schools. To be honest, I don't wanna get a big debit during the covid-19 pandemic, both schools offer admission opportunities to the JD program in the following 3 years. but don't sure what is the situation after threes years.

tonyxichl

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:07 am

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by tonyxichl » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Jchance wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:40 pm
Neither. Try shooting for at least a T1 school.
Already tried a couple of times for the exam (GRE), looks far away for T1 schools. Getting into T1 schools was really a dream, but looks not much chance to apply with GRE only. Another reason is, that the cost is a big concern, don't wanna big debt, especially T1 schools are unlikely to offer $$$ for international students.

tonyxichl

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:07 am

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by tonyxichl » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:02 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:22 pm
If I understand correctly, you will pay about $13,000 per year at Chicago-Kent for tuition and fees.

https://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/kent/jobs

http://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/nh

What is your highest LSAT score ?
Yea, it is the better offer that I can get so far. Still make negotiations with schools, and it still looks like need to pay 13K/ annual. I applied to schools with GRE scores only, I know, and not many schools accepted GRE applicants. These are the best offers so far. Both schools do pretty well in IP law fields and accepted GRE results.

Another reason is that the cost is a big concern; I don't wanna significant debt. Some schools need too big $ to "shoot", and then not sure about career prospects for an international student after J.D completed in either school. Then, wanna got consulting and suggestions from TLS friends.

Access

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by Access » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:23 pm

Retake, but Kent is at least a plausible option.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


CanadianWolf

Diamond
Posts: 11271
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:29 pm

tonyxichl wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:02 pm
CanadianWolf wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:22 pm
If I understand correctly, you will pay about $13,000 per year at Chicago-Kent for tuition and fees.

https://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/kent/jobs

http://lawschooltransparency.com/schools/nh

What is your highest LSAT score ?
Yea, it is the better offer that I can get so far. Still make negotiations with schools, and it still looks like need to pay 13K/ annual. I applied to schools with GRE scores only, I know, and not many schools accepted GRE applicants. These are the best offers so far. Both schools do pretty well in IP law fields and accepted GRE results.

Another reason is that the cost is a big concern; I don't wanna significant debt. Some schools need too big $ to "shoot", and then not sure about career prospects for an international student after J.D completed in either school. Then, wanna got consulting and suggestions from TLS friends.
What is your GRE score ?

As a side note, "wanna" is not an English word; In both instances, I think that your intended meaning was "want to get into".

The Lsat Airbender

Gold
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: IP Law Decision--- Chicago Kent Law School vs. New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:34 am

CanadianWolf wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:29 pm
As a side note, "wanna" is not an English word; In both instances, I think that your intended meaning was "want to get into".
Eh, wanna has been attested in writing since the late 19th century. It's informal, sure, but this is an online chatbort

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Choosing a Law School”