Brooklyn v. Cardozo v. St. Johns Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LiptonTea007

New

Brooklyn v. Cardozo v. St. Johns

Post by LiptonTea007 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:50 pm

help decide based on employment numbers and reputation please

cavalier1138

Re: Brooklyn v. Cardozo v. St. Johns

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Please read this post and include the relevant information.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 am

Yeah like Cavalier said the info is important to include so people can give you the best advice. However even without the numbers I'm able to tell you the answer is almost certainly not St Johns(unless they gave you a larger GUARANTEED scholarship which they probably didn't). According to their 509's St Johns is very generous with scholarships for 1L's but then intentionally try to get as much of that money back as possible through section stacking. Last year out of 188 grants, only 87 were retained, less than half. That means there is about a coins flip chance you will be paying sticker for the seventh best law school in the NY area. I'm assuming your scholarship is conditional because last year out of 199 students 188 had conditional scholarships(and it's more likely the other 11 were paying sticker than receiving unconditional scholarships) Cardozo and Brooklyn might give you less money but Cardozo will guarantee that money(it's a new policy so the 509's will still show conditional's) and while Brooklyn also does conditional scholarships your chance to retain your scholarship is much higher(last year only 48 out of 311 grants were reduced or eliminated).

Their isn't much difference in reputation between these schools(though the consensus on here has been Dozo Brooklyn, SJU). However SJU behaves like a TTTT in terms of scholarship policy even though it has a TT reputation and employment numbers. I'm actually choosing between Cardozo and Brooklyn(in addition to others) myself so I'm in a similar situation. If you want to ask any questions or exchange opinions on this feel free to PM me! Just wanted to strongly advise against SJU, the school is very close to my house and would have been very convenient for me but it's scholarship situation is a huge red flag. If you have better stats than me, Fordham would be a better option than any of these schools(in terms of employment stats ) but they are pretty stingy with scholarships and I think big money at Cardozo or Brooklyn is a better option than sticker at Fordham(which is why I didn't apply because if I had gotten in it would have been sticker).

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:37 am

At a minimum, we need to know your scholarship offers.

Incrementalist

Bronze

Post by Incrementalist » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:30 am

People would need to know what money if any or if there are any stipulations before giving you advice.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:07 pm

LSAT ? GPA ? Scholarships ?? Goals?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”