UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
fantastic

New

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Brut wrote:this is some pretty unfunny trolling op
Right?! :)

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

it's a dead link balls

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

ballcaps wrote:i agree that this is lol, but who cares? OP, do wtf you want.

here's something!
http://education-portal.com/articles/Be ... hools.html

looks like the best criminal law programs track rankings quite closely.

cornell?
Thank you!! :)

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Brut wrote:it's a dead link balls
It worked for me.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

not going through for me

what is the link? some kind of specialty ranking?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Brut wrote:not going through for me

what is the link? some kind of specialty ranking?
It ranks schools based on criminal law programs.

arewevoting

New

Post by arewevoting » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:35 pm

My two cents is Georgetown or Michigan, but I'm gonna have to agree with TheSpanishMain/Raffi on this one.

I grant that you may have your reasons, but the risk you're running is that no one on this site will be able to provide you with any sort of reliable answer based on the facts of your prompt; No one would willingly want you to rely on their input (not to assume that you would), and thus, the task becomes sketchy for us.

I certainly respect that your commitment not to making the decision (solely) about money, but if you have a full ride at UT and nothing from Michigan or Georgetown, that will drastically change my answer, and I'm confident this circumstance would have the same effect on everyone else's answers. The simple fact is, all things being equal, I think Gtown could do most for your career goals, but if UT is free and Gtown is not, then simply put, UT is absolutely your best option for criminal prosecution.

I don't know if this was helpful at all, but regardless, you have some great options... so Goodluck!

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

arewevoting wrote:My two cents is Georgetown or Michigan, but I'm gonna have to agree with TheSpanishMain/Raffi on this one.

I grant that you may have your reasons, but the risk you're running is that no one on this site will be able to provide you with any sort of reliable answer based on the facts of your prompt; No one would willingly want you to rely on their input (not to assume that you would), and thus, the task becomes sketchy for us.

I certainly respect that your commitment not to making the decision (solely) about money, but if you have a full ride at UT and nothing from Michigan or Georgetown, that will drastically change my answer, and I'm confident this circumstance would have the same effect on everyone else's answers. The simple fact is, all things being equal, I think Gtown could do most for your career goals, but if UT is free and Gtown is not, then simply put, UT is absolutely your best option for criminal prosecution.

I don't know if this was helpful at all, but regardless, you have some great options... so Goodluck!
Very helpful. I have not received all of the scholarship offers yet, so that's part of why I am not taking that into account at this moment. I will once I receive all of the offers. I'm just curious about which one has the best program in the opinions of TLS'ers.

I appreciate your candor and insight. :)

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 pm

then pay no attention to it because specialty rankings are garbage

i'm going to be nice and assume your posts aren't bait, despite all evidence to the contrary

read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=220431

no comment on your choices

without knowing your circumstances, any one of these schools could be an excellent choice or a terrible one

but apparently you know better than a forum full of law students and lawyers

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:43 pm

btw, you got wooshed by my earlier post

i was saying i thought you were an unfunny troll, i couldn't believe a real person could be so wrong

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Brut wrote:then pay no attention to it because specialty rankings are garbage

i'm going to be nice and assume your posts aren't bait, despite all evidence to the contrary

read this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=220431

no comment on your choices

without knowing your circumstances, any one of these schools could be an excellent choice or a terrible one

but apparently you know better than a forum full of law students and lawyers
Bait? I have no idea what you even mean by that.

And I know better than everyone? That doesn't make sense. If I did, i wouldn't have asked.

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Brut wrote:specialty rankings are garbage
understood; it's just a few blurbs that say the best schools offer the best criminal law prospects.

...surprise?

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Brut wrote:btw, you got wooshed by my earlier post

i was saying i thought you were an unfunny troll, i couldn't believe a real person could be so wrong
Ha! Wooshed??? Your lingo is too cool for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:48 pm

ballcaps wrote:
Brut wrote:specialty rankings are garbage
understood; it's just a few blurbs that say the best schools offer the best criminal law prospects.

...surprise?
Thanks for the link! I appreciate your help.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Very few DA offices hire pre-bar and those that do are primarily in the NYC area (Miami and Philly are the exceptions that I can think of). So if you are like me, you will have to commit to taking a bar exam before getting hired.

If you want to work for a DA office in Texas and UT isn't crazy expensive, that is by far your best choice. If you can be in the city/area you want to work and network/intern/extern during law school, it will help you tons. UT lawyers dominate Texas. There are others (I was out of state for law school and no one looks down on me, but I just don't know as many people as the UT kids do). Take advantage of extern/clinic opportunities. Experience is the #1 thing prosecutors want.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:54 pm

stop embarrassing yourself
it's normal for 0Ls to be uninformed, but most have the intelligence to ask for the most complete advice possible

it's obvious to everyone who has been on this board for longer than a month why you're not giving out complete information
you're debt-financing all or most of your legal education
and you're leaning towards t14 b/c it's t14, and you want validation from the board
but those t14s are at or near sticker
only a completely reckless person would take out sticker debt for what you're trying to do, so you're keeping the numbers secret
you could probably make t14 workable price-wise with a retake, but you're unwilling to do that, so you won't give your stats

people like you are a dime a dozen around here and you're not fooling anyone

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:56 pm

akili wrote:Very few DA offices hire pre-bar and those that do are primarily in the NYC area (Miami and Philly are the exceptions that I can think of). So if you are like me, you will have to commit to taking a bar exam before getting hired.

If you want to work for a DA office in Texas and UT isn't crazy expensive, that is by far your best choice. If you can be in the city/area you want to work and network/intern/extern during law school, it will help you tons. UT lawyers dominate Texas. There are others (I was out of state for law school and no one looks down on me, but I just don't know as many people as the UT kids do). Take advantage of extern/clinic opportunities. Experience is the #1 thing prosecutors want.

Thank you! Exactly the kind of advice I was looking for!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Brut wrote:stop embarrassing yourself
it's normal for 0Ls to be uninformed, but most have the intelligence to ask for the most complete advice possible

it's obvious to everyone who has been on this board for longer than a month why you're not giving out complete information
and you're leaning towards t14 b/c it's t14, and you want validation from the board
only a completely reckless person would take out sticker debt for what you're trying to do, so you're keeping the numbers secret
you could probably make t14 workable price-wise with a retake, but you're unwilling to do that, so you won't give your stats

Wrong on all accounts. Thanks for your time though!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 pm

fantastic wrote:
Brut wrote:stop embarrassing yourself

Wrong on all accounts. Thanks for your time though!
bullshit
do you realize how common posters like you are?
you're not fooling anyone

sticker debt is an objectively awful decision for what you're trying to do
what are you going to do when you don't land the job or when you change course halfway through law school

another sad story of a 0L who just wouldn't listen

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:04 pm

there is literally no reason you would conceal stats/$$ other than for the reasons i outlined above

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Brut wrote:there is literally no reason you would conceal stats/$$ other than for the reasons i outlined above
Maybe he is rich, and he doesn't want to say he's Kim Kardashian's new side piece. WHO CARES? He might be loaded. Might not. Doesn't mean you are absolutely right. It is people like you that are so steadfast in your beliefs that prevent the rational from ever being able to talk over your screaming and ego.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:11 pm

bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:there is literally no reason you would conceal stats/$$ other than for the reasons i outlined above
Maybe he is rich, and he doesn't want to say he's Kim Kardashian's new side piece. WHO CARES? He might be loaded. Might not. Doesn't mean you are absolutely right. It is people like you that are so steadfast in your beliefs that prevent the rational from ever being able to talk over your screaming and ego.
if he were loaded, he would have said he had his way paid, like everyone in that position does
i can't tell if you're dense or actively malicious
probably both

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

I think you should go back and read my previous posts. Thanks for your responses!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:15 pm

i have
what are you referring to specifically

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:16 pm

bob311 wrote:
Last edited by fantastic on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”