Stetson University College of Law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Rigo

Diamond

Re: Stetson University College of Law

Post by Rigo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

timbs4339 wrote: My ex-boyfriend who I thought I was going to marry is going to law school in Cambridge
I mean, this is my reason, but I get your point.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:51 pm

Lyndsc wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
Excuse me, he said, "And you should recognize that your horseshit excuses just got rekt and accept the L, bro."
Yup, no idea what that means.
How do you not get that? In other words: it's almost impossible to think of a better list of excuses to not study for and retake the LSAT than what MistakenGenius posted, and therefore yours are probably inconsequential in comparison. You got low 160s without trying. 170s and tons of money from a great school probably wouldn't even be that difficult for you.

FloridaLaw

New

Post by FloridaLaw » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Lyndsc wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
Excuse me, he said, "And you should recognize that your horseshit excuses just got rekt and accept the L, bro."
How do you not get that? In other words: it's almost impossible to think of a better list of excuses to not study for and retake the LSAT than what MistakenGenius posted, and therefore yours are probably inconsequential in comparison. You got low 160s without trying. 170s and tons of money from a great school probably wouldn't even be that difficult for you.
again...just keep drinking dude!...its gonna be over soon!

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:12 pm

FloridaLaw wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
Lyndsc wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
Good luck! Follow your dreams!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:01 pm

FloridaLaw wrote:]
I want help ONLY from people who either go to Stetson or any of the other Florida law schools. Not interested in your general stuff that you keep repeating in every thread.
No, I was actually trying to give you advice that was specifically tailored to your exact situation. Nothing generic about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:16 pm

FloridaLaw wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
Lyndsc wrote:
isuperserial wrote:
This isn't as clever as you seem to think.

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:25 pm

i really think you should go to stetson. i mean, their team won first place at the 2013 national moot court championship!

FloridaLaw

New

Post by FloridaLaw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:07 pm

Anyone who wants to post about Stetson, please don't be intimidated by those T14teeners!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:11 pm

FloridaLaw wrote:T14teeners!
Top fourteenteeners. Yeah, Stetson seems about right.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FloridaLaw

New

Post by FloridaLaw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 pm

bjsesq wrote:
No u twat! T fourtteeeners!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:18 pm

FloridaLaw wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
14=fourt

A man went to Stetson Law
Based on moot court results that he saw
Now he's hungrier and leaner
than those top fourteenteeners
because shitlaw fucks his ass raw.

FloridaLaw

New

Post by FloridaLaw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:20 pm

bjsesq wrote:
FloridaLaw wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
14=fourt

A man went to Stetson Law
Based on moot court results that he saw
Now he's hungrier and leaner
than those top fourteenteeners
because shitlaw fucks his ass raw.
What a moron!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Apropos of something

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:49 am

FloridaLaw wrote:Not everyone wants to work as a Corporate slave in New York.

This is actually 100% credited. Still doesn't change Stetson's employment prospects or justify going there over UF or FSU if able.
BigZuck wrote:"I don't want to work in New York city with their fancy big laws. I just wanna cop a 100k medium laws job and live in a modest house on the beach"
-Every Stetson 1L that has ever lived
While I'm sure there are people (Stetson 1Ls included) who don't actually mean that but say it anyway due to failure to achieve something else, 150k/yr medium law and a modest house on the beach (or river) sounds amazing to me. I'd take that over NYC biglaw in a heartbeat. But I'm from the south, grew up near water, don't have to worry about a lot of debt, and don't buy into the "if you're not NYC biglaw you're an utter failure" thing one bit.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:57 am

Ex Cearulo wrote:"if you're not NYC biglaw you're an utter failure" thing
You're making this up, this isn't a real thing.

Don't do that.

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:05 am

BigZuck wrote:
Ex Cearulo wrote:"if you're not NYC biglaw you're an utter failure" thing
You're making this up, this isn't a real thing.

Don't do that.
Fine. Because if it's not a real thing, I sure as hell wouldn't want to start it. The remainder of my post still stands.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:16 am

Ex Cearulo wrote:
FloridaLaw wrote:Not everyone wants to work as a Corporate slave in New York.

This is actually 100% credited. Still doesn't change Stetson's employment prospects or justify going there over UF or FSU if able.
BigZuck wrote:"I don't want to work in New York city with their fancy big laws. I just wanna cop a 100k medium laws job and live in a modest house on the beach"
-Every Stetson 1L that has ever lived
While I'm sure there are people (Stetson 1Ls included) who don't actually mean that but say it anyway due to failure to achieve something else, 150k/yr medium law and a modest house on the beach (or river) sounds amazing to me. I'd take that over NYC biglaw in a heartbeat. But I'm from the south, grew up near water, don't have to worry about a lot of debt, and don't buy into the "if you're not NYC biglaw you're an utter failure" thing one bit.
I think almost everyone would take this over NYC biglaw in a heartbeat. The point isn't that it's a bad goal, the point is that it doesn't really exist and that NYC biglaw is a much more realistic outcome.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:34 pm

It's super naive to think you can find a job making six figures at a mid sized law firm right out of law school, especially from Stetson. Plenty of people would take that if it existed, but it doesn't, hence the bimodal distribution of entry level salaries.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:13 pm

150K "medium law" ?

Ex Cearulo

Bronze

Post by Ex Cearulo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:08 am

hoos89 wrote:It's super naive to think you can find a job making six figures at a mid sized law firm right out of law school, especially from Stetson. Plenty of people would take that if it existed, but it doesn't, hence the bimodal distribution of entry level salaries.
Sorry, I should have clarified. I realize it came off as saying I'd take a $150k/yr out of school in some Florida medium law (mid law? whatever. read: not biglaw) job. Yeah, that's not a thing. That's so obvious it was probably why I didn't think to clarify it in the first place. Even Florida biglaw doesn't pay that. Tops is basically $145k with rare exceptions like Boies, and even $145k is tough to find. And I sure as hell wasn't saying you can do that from Stetson.

What I meant was I'd be happy taking a job that had the likelihood of the low six figures/yr house on the water lifestyle being the outcome down the road. But I'm not your typical case of K-JD/mountains of debt. I can afford to take a job that pays lower at the outset. No tuition debt and supplemental income from the Guard or Reserve opens tons of doors.

But my overall point in posting was just to say I can understand people saying they have zero desire to do the big city biglaw thing and choose a regional school intent on doing something else. Is it objectively smart? Depends, because debt.

Getting back to the original intent of the thread: Stetson sucks when compared to UF/FSU at similar cost. Period.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:20 am

Those jobs don't really exist for you out of law school. Think about the economics of a non-big law practice. You aren't going to want to pay a first year 100k for 40 hrs a week when someone with years of experience will also work for 40 hrs a week. In big law, you want people who will do grunt work or whatever work needs to be done, and will work 80 hours if necessary. People aren't trying to be mean, but in our chosen profession we can't lie to clients and say everything will be ok. We lay out the chances of each path and let them decide.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”