william s richardson school of law (University of Hawaii) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gopats

New

william s richardson school of law (University of Hawaii)

Post by gopats » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:14 pm

I am considering looking at university of hawaii"s law school, I currently attend U of H and I am a resident of Hawaii but my allotment goal is to practice immigration law were Im originally from southern california, The main benefit of going there is the low cost of tuition but considering my career goals is it to much of a risk to go to law school so far away from were I want to practice?

nebula666

Silver

Re: william s richardson school of law (University of Hawaii)

Post by nebula666 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:32 pm

don't go to Hawaii unless you want to practice in Hawaii, and only Hawaii, for the rest of your life.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Based on your post history you are still a freshman in college. Focus on keeping a great GPA, study hard for the LSAT (in a few years), and aim for Stanford/UC Berkeley/T14.

University of Hawaii has poor employment generally, and it will be very difficult to find work in California.

gopats

New

Post by gopats » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:26 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Based on your post history you are still a freshman in college. Focus on keeping a great GPA, study hard for the LSAT (in a few years), and aim for Stanford/UC Berkeley/T14.

University of Hawaii has poor employment generally, and it will be very difficult to find work in California.

Thank you, I appreciate the advice!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:30 pm

If you want a job in CA, go to a CA school or a T14. Just make sure you don't go to a school in CA not named Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, or USC.

And don't worry about any of this stuff for another 4-5 years at the absolute earliest. Your early 20s are for having fun, not worrying about grown up crap.

Just make sure you get the highest grades humanly possible from here on out while also having maximum fun.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”