UVA vs rest of T777 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Diamond

Re: UVA vs rest of T777

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Wahoos wrote:
Y u mad? (it is 2010)

Just hoping to be like you one day. Scouring TLS to find those who misapply "T-10" and "T-7" and bring them to justice, while spraying a few insults from behind my computer screen along the way. Feels good, man
As oppose to creating a screen name about your school and finding boys to troll for it?

Wahoos

New

Post by Wahoos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Wahoos wrote:
Y u mad? (it is 2010)

Just hoping to be like you one day. Scouring TLS to find those who misapply "T-10" and "T-7" and bring them to justice, while spraying a few insults from behind my computer screen along the way. Feels good, man
As oppose to creating a screen name about your school and finding boys to troll for it?

Yeah, as I stated above, I really get off when someone calls UVA a T-7 instead of a T-10. Clear trolling on my part when I called you out for diverting a thread where a guy was just looking for advice and got called a 'retard'

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

Wahoos wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Wahoos wrote:
Y u mad? (it is 2010)

Yeah, as I stated above, I really get off when someone calls UVA a T-7 instead of a T-10. Clear trolling on my part when I called you out for diverting a thread where a guy was just looking for advice and got called a 'retard'
Enjoy your T7 50% shot at decent employment bro.

Wahoos

New

Post by Wahoos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks bro, you're a class act

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
BSC wrote:Alright, thanks for the responses.

And regarding the "retard" comment, I've seen others use the t7 distinction, and "MVP and up" is essentially the same and super common. Asshole.
T7 is retarded. And if there were a T7, UVA wouldn't be in it.

I don't get why you are mentioning MVP, that makes way more than 7 top schools.

I repeat, LOL retard.
What a douchebag. You embody everything that is wrong with TLS, and deep down you are obviously one of the saddest most pathetic individuals in real life to have nothing better to do than attack people anonymously on an internet forum to get your retarded TLS profile up to 19,000 in worthless posts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

And regarding the "retard" comment, I've seen others use the t7 distinction, and "MVP and up" is essentially the same and super common. Asshole.

I repeat, LOL retard.
What a douchebag. You embody everything that is wrong with TLS, and deep down you are obviously one of the saddest most pathetic individuals in real life to have nothing better to do than attack people anonymously on an internet forum to get your retarded TLS profile up to 19,000 in worthless posts.
Hello Wahoo's alt.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I repeat, LOL retard.
Hello Wahoo's alt.
LOL, so what you can't deal with the fact that multiple people are speaking out against the worthless shit you've been spouting across these forums? I call on any of the TLS moderators to check the IP address of Wahoo and I, and the time stamps on our posts, to definitively prove it's impossible we are the same person.

Nice try, though.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:10 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
JamesDean1955 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I repeat, LOL retard.
Hello Wahoo's alt.
LOL, so what you can't deal with the fact that multiple people are speaking out against the worthless shit you've been spouting across these forums? I call on any of the TLS moderators to check the IP address of Wahoo and I, and the time stamps on our posts, to definitively prove it's impossible we are the same person.

Nice try, though.
T7 is a retarded idea, and T777 is even more retarded. Especially when M and V are two the shittier T14.

Wahoos

New

Post by Wahoos » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for addressing OPs question! You really captured what he was looking for in this thread (I think his original post asked for the semantics of internet forum law school rankings terminology)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
T7 is a retarded idea, and T777 is even more retarded. Especially when M and V are two the shittier T14.
Serious question though, how the hell does UVA keep their medians with the 40% in-state quota?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Serious question though, how the hell does UVA keep their medians with the 40% in-state quota?
By accepting anyone who ED's there with a 170 or a 3.8

Hspeaksfriend

New

Post by Hspeaksfriend » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:28 pm

Forget what Douchebag Fox said.

Take the money and come to UVA with me and all the other non assholes 8)

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Everyone essentially does that..

But with such a huge constraint, they still keep high numbers. Somethings off, and it is probably a positive for UVA because Virginia just ain't that great as a state.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

But with such a huge constraint, they still keep high numbers. Somethings off, and it is probably a positive for UVA because Virginia just ain't that great as a state.
Not to the extent that UVA does. They have a lower GPA floor/LSAT floor than anyone but NW (which has a weird work requirement).

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote: Not to the extent that UVA does. They have a lower GPA floor/LSAT floor than anyone but NW (which has a weird work requirement).
fair enough

ctmx

New

Post by ctmx » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

dont underestimate that nova power

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:20 pm

Go to UVA with that money, unless you get a full ride somewhere, and then go there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm

sinfiery wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Easy. I'm in Virginia.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 pm

NoodleyOne wrote: Easy. I'm in Virginia.
Maybe if you kept your guide for Virginia residents only, otherwise that other 39.7% is still beyond me

Virginia is no Texas, nowhatimsaying?

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:42 pm

sinfiery wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote: Easy. I'm in Virginia.
Maybe if you kept your guide for Virginia residents only, otherwise that other 39.7% is still beyond me

Virginia is no Texas, nowhatimsaying?
UVA doesn't have to have any particular percentage of instate students -- if it were really hurting them, I suspect they'd just reduce the percentage of instate students they wanted to have. As somebody else pointed out, with Northern Virginia there's this really dense area of wealthy parents and high-achieving students. Also, you'll get a lot of people that have worked post-UG in the DC area but live in Nova, so establish residency prior to applying to law school.

UVAIce

Bronze

Post by UVAIce » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Desert Fox just needs to have his pants tailored a little bigger so he isn't in such a bitchy mood.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BBALLGIRL071

New

Post by BBALLGIRL071 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm wondering the same thing... what do you mean about the grading policy? How is it less student friendly? I've been admitted, and this is the first time I've heard this, so I'm interested...
BSC wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:Basically UVA with 35K a year for someone interested in the South is a decent situation to be in. However, if that person isn't sure whether they want the South or NYC and they get into one of the NYC focused top 14s with a comparable offer it might be the better choice. Especially since UVA has a grading policy that isn't as student friendly as its peers.

That makes sense and was what I was wondering. But I think he was asking about the grading policy thing. Can you explain this? Or show where I can find info on this. Thanks

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm

BBALLGIRL071 wrote:I'm wondering the same thing... what do you mean about the grading policy? How is it less student friendly? I've been admitted, and this is the first time I've heard this, so I'm interested...
BSC wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:Basically UVA with 35K a year for someone interested in the South is a decent situation to be in. However, if that person isn't sure whether they want the South or NYC and they get into one of the NYC focused top 14s with a comparable offer it might be the better choice. Especially since UVA has a grading policy that isn't as student friendly as its peers.

That makes sense and was what I was wondering. But I think he was asking about the grading policy thing. Can you explain this? Or show where I can find info on this. Thanks
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that UVA's curve is pretty tight. 3.3 is median, but 3.4 puts you close to top third, and 3.2 puts you close to bottom third. I'm not precisely sure why that is necessarily less student-friendly, but I haven't thought about it at all and could be convinced.

Dmini7

Silver

Post by Dmini7 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm

5ky wrote:
BBALLGIRL071 wrote:I'm wondering the same thing... what do you mean about the grading policy? How is it less student friendly? I've been admitted, and this is the first time I've heard this, so I'm interested...
BSC wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the fact that UVA's curve is pretty tight. 3.3 is median, but 3.4 puts you close to top third, and 3.2 puts you close to bottom third. I'm not precisely sure why that is necessarily less student-friendly, but I haven't thought about it at all and could be convinced.

I saw BruceWayne mention it in a different post, but I think he was also referring to the fact that there is no real script to follow as long as the median comes out to a 3.3. So for some classes A teacher may give out lots of A's, but balance it out with a hefty amount of C's. Obviously the A's help some students, but giving out a ton of C's will invariably sink nearly any chance those students had at Big Law. I believe this was something he mentioned in one of his posts, but I hope he can come back to fix it.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Dmini7 wrote: I saw BruceWayne mention it in a different post, but I think he was also referring to the fact that there is no real script to follow as long as the median comes out to a 3.3. So for some classes A teacher may give out lots of A's, but balance it out with a hefty amount of C's. Obviously the A's help some students, but giving out a ton of C's will invariably sink nearly any chance those students had at Big Law. I believe this was something he mentioned in one of his posts, but I hope he can come back to fix it.
For any individual class at UVA, the mean (not median) has to come out to between a 3.25 and a 3.35. So yes, if some professors want to give more As, they'd have to balance it out with some/more Cs. I think you're overestimating how many Cs a "hefty" amount is, though. We aren't talking about double digits, and with very rare exceptions (in non-1L classes), it's under 5 or none at all.

To be honest, I think pushing a handful of the worst exams from B- to C+ and correspondingly giving a couple more A-s instead of B+s is a net benefit in terms of students getting biglaw from UVA. A student in that mushy slightly above median area will be helped quite a bit more than the bottom 10% student.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”