Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bmathers

Silver

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by bmathers » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:51 am

This school is offering a fee-waiver, and an all-expense-paid trip (flight, lodging, food) to come visit Fort Wayne.

Hmmm, I've never been to Fort Wayne. Is the area fun enough to make it worth applying for the purpose of getting a free trip to the area?

joeyc328

Bronze

Post by joeyc328 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am

bmathers wrote:This school is offering a fee-waiver, and an all-expense-paid trip (flight, lodging, food) to come visit Fort Wayne.

Hmmm, I've never been to Fort Wayne. Is the area fun enough to make it worth applying for the purpose of getting a free trip to the area?
I would do it if you can party with adpc

raven1231

Bronze

Post by raven1231 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:24 am

lawadmin wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
gsy987 wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
gsy987 wrote:Fuck it, I want to resurrect this thread. One of their admission reps attempted to friend me on Facebook... Which wow, that's just a new level of creepy.

This is after they've called me 3+ times and won't stop emailing me!!
Unfortunately so did I. How desperate can schools get, next up will be door to door sales reps...
Excuse me, sir, do you feel like something's missing in your life? Something that only going 90k in debt at a terrible law school would solve?
Why yes, yes I do! But, would I qualify for IUT? I'm hoping to get a SCOTUS position too, is that likely given IUT's prestige? I friend of mine said that they even are willing to reimburse you for the LSAT! Does it get better than that?
Figured there was no chance the bolded was true. But it's Indiana Tech, so of course the LSAT reimbursement is prominently displayed on the http://law.indianatech.edu/admissions/l ... bursement/. Can't wait to see the eventual 509 and Employment Summary from them, assuming they make it to that point in a couple years.
The good news is for their school all you have to do is show up or the LSAT. Your score is irrelevant.

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:40 am

raven1231 wrote:
lawadmin wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
gsy987 wrote:
raven1231 wrote:
gsy987 wrote:Fuck it, I want to resurrect this thread. One of their admission reps attempted to friend me on Facebook... Which wow, that's just a new level of creepy.

This is after they've called me 3+ times and won't stop emailing me!!
Unfortunately so did I. How desperate can schools get, next up will be door to door sales reps...
Excuse me, sir, do you feel like something's missing in your life? Something that only going 90k in debt at a terrible law school would solve?
Why yes, yes I do! But, would I qualify for IUT? I'm hoping to get a SCOTUS position too, is that likely given IUT's prestige? I friend of mine said that they even are willing to reimburse you for the LSAT! Does it get better than that?
Figured there was no chance the bolded was true. But it's Indiana Tech, so of course the LSAT reimbursement is prominently displayed on the http://law.indianatech.edu/admissions/l ... bursement/. Can't wait to see the eventual 509 and Employment Summary from them, assuming they make it to that point in a couple years.
The good news is for their school all you have to do is show up or the LSAT. Your score is irrelevant.
Only 2 questions that matter:
1. Can you spell your name correctly?
2. (If the answer to question 1 is no): Can you spell out $30,000 correctly so we can cash your tuition check?

joeyc328

Bronze

Post by joeyc328 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:06 am

Looks like their 1L enrollment has tripled to 39

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaTechLaw ... =3&theater

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LibertyKoko

Bronze

Post by LibertyKoko » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm

joeyc328 wrote:Looks like their 1L enrollment has tripled to 39

So that's what an Indiana Tech law student looks like

lawadmin

New

Post by lawadmin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:24 pm

http://law.indianatech.edu/general/indi ... rollments/

Indiana Tech Law School has reached a significant new high in student enrollments, with 55 new law students starting at the school this academic year. This exceeds the goal of 50 new students set by the university for this year. New student orientation started August 17, with fall semester classes at the law school set to begin August 22.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:44 am

LibertyKoko wrote:

So that's what an Indiana Tech law student looks like
Was anyone else deeply depressed by the comments where one guy said that this school was his goal for next year? I feel like someone should warn him...

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:05 am

Why is everyone wearing a suit their first day of 1L?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sdancer89

New

Post by sdancer89 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:10 pm

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Good find
A spokesman for Indiana Tech would not confirm or deny that student was the only one who passed the test, but did clarify that a dozen graduates sat for the exam.

“We had 12 graduates sit for the July bar exam. As is the case everywhere, we had a mixture of passage, failure, and those within appeal range. So we won’t know our pass number until that process is done,” wrote Brian Engelhart, vice president of university relations for Indiana Tech, in an email.

Engelhart did not respond to a follow-up email asking why only 12 graduates sat for the July exam and if some planned on waiting until February to take the test.

Messages left for comment from law school Dean Charles Cercone, Associate Dean andré douglas pond cummings, and members of the board of trustees, were not returned by IL deadline.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:10 pm

returned here today juuuust for this thread. please don't disappoint, TLS!

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 pm

That would be pretty cool to be the only lawyer ever from Indiana Tech.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

monsterman

Bronze

Post by monsterman » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:45 pm

I really wonder what the classroom discussions are like at Indy Tech. Like, how much do the professors there hate their lives that the students can't understand claim preclusion or something

LandMermaid

Bronze

Post by LandMermaid » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:11 am

monsterman wrote:I really wonder what the classroom discussions are like at Indy Tech. Like, how much do the professors there hate their lives that the students can't understand claim preclusion or something
A+ post and avatar combo

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:38 am

1/12? Even the ABA can't ignore this, can it?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:46 am

cron1834 wrote:1/12? Even the ABA can't ignore this, can it?
I have faith that the ABA is capable of ignoring almost anything.
Last edited by haus on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 am

bmathers wrote:
Holy fuck. This is astonishingly bad. I figured that Indiana Tech would basically be 3 years of bar prep. Either it isn't, or it is and the students just can't get it.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:02 am

monsterman wrote:I really wonder what the classroom discussions are like at Indy Tech. Like, how much do the professors there hate their lives that the students can't understand claim preclusion or something
They work 20 hours a week, get to write about whatever they want, and make probably well into the 6 figures. I'm sure they aren't suffering.

joeyc328

Bronze

Post by joeyc328 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:08 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
bmathers wrote:
Holy fuck. This is astonishingly bad. I figured that Indiana Tech would basically be 3 years of bar prep. Either it isn't, or it is and the students just can't get it.
Apparently they are petitioning to have Hip Hop & the Law as a bar topic

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:10 am

joeyc328 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
bmathers wrote:
I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious here.

Please tell me this is real.
Last edited by MKC on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 am

timbs4339 wrote:
They work 20 hours a week, get to write about whatever they want, and make probably well into the 6 figures. I'm sure they aren't suffering.
Long term though? I'd have to think that this is a black mark on the resume though. What are the exit options for their profs? Deans?

joeyc328

Bronze

Post by joeyc328 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:24 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
joeyc328 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
bmathers wrote:
I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious here.

Please tell me this is real.
Purely comedy, however I am sure adpc would be the #1 advocate for this amendment.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:24 am

timbs4339 wrote:
Well if they want to actually teach students, then it has to be dull AF to go over simple stuff over and over again (im going to go ahead and assume the students dont get the topic given their bar passage rates*)

*the appeal process isn't up yet guys!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:15 am

KMart wrote:
timbs4339 wrote:
Well if they want to actually teach students, then it has to be dull AF to go over simple stuff over and over again (im going to go ahead and assume the students dont get the topic given their bar passage rates*)

*the appeal process isn't up yet guys!
Well, lets be fair....one student got it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”