Boston U vs. University of Washington Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
censored311

New

Boston U vs. University of Washington

Post by censored311 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Cost doesn't matter.

I'm not entirely set on a particular kind of law.

I'm from Seattle and would like to live there. But, I'm not entirely sure that I want to get locked into the Northwest, which makes BU seem more appealing if I want to work on the East Coast.

Thoughts?

bdole2

Bronze

Re: Boston U vs. University of Washington

Post by bdole2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Neither is that portable. I would go UW.

JoeFish

Bronze

Post by JoeFish » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Yeah. Barring pretty exceptional circumstances, if you go to school at UW, you'll never, ever work on the east coast, and if you go to school at Boston U, you'll never, ever work in the PNW.

A lot of times, if you have ties to an area, that's a reason to justify going elsewhere, because you can always say "It was fine being away from school but I really want to come back", or whatnot, but any sentence on TLS has "PNW market" in it, it also has the words "insular as hell" in it.

Unfortunately, you've gotta choose now. I'd say UW. My guess is people are a lot less likely to go to school and work near home, and then say later in life "I wish I could work somewhere else" than they are to go to school and work far away from home, and then say "I wish I could get back".

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

UW

elm84dr

Bronze

Post by elm84dr » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 pm

There was an alum from Seattle last year from BU that went back and works at a firm there. I think since you are from there you can do that. If you go to UWash, you are staying in the Pacific NW though.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:11 pm

elm84dr wrote:There was an alum from Seattle last year from BU that went back and works at a firm there. I think since you are from there you can do that. If you go to UWash, you are staying in the Pacific NW though.
This.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”