Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance? Forum
- masochist

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm
Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?
So, is there any reason to hold on to an acceptance at my safety school if I have received better offers from schools I prefer? The preferable offers are for a greater amount of money from higher ranked schools. I can’t think of a good reason, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything before I mailed in my withdrawal form.
- Fresh

- Posts: 681
- Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm
Re: Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?
No reason to hold on. It's a nice thing to do for other candidates who would love a spot at your safety choice
-
r6_philly

- Posts: 10752
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm
Re: Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?
I am in a similar situation, and I am even going to withdraw from schools that I have not received a decision from yet. I believe when stronger candidates withdraw, the pool weakens so everyone's chance improves however slightly for those still waiting.masochist wrote:So, is there any reason to hold on to an acceptance at my safety school if I have received better offers from schools I prefer? The preferable offers are for a greater amount of money from higher ranked schools. I can’t think of a good reason, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything before I mailed in my withdrawal form.
- masochist

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm
Re: Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?
That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something big. Thanks!