Bicycling to BC Law?? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
twintipping_bumps

Bronze

Bicycling to BC Law??

Post by twintipping_bumps » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Does anyone do it? I am thinking of selling my car to cut down on expenses while in law school - insurance, parking, gas, and etc.

Does anyone ride a bicycle to the law campus and have info to provide? For a person in good shape, is the ride from law to main campus rec center and back not much at all? And where are the best locations to live to bike to campus? Assuming the Back Bay and Fenway area are out of the question, what's the ride from Cleveland Circle to Law School campus like?

Thanks.

Informative

Bronze

Re: Bicycling to BC Law??

Post by Informative » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 pm

I noticed a lot of people biking. However, keep in mind it gets cold in the winter and you may be really happy you have a car when it starts to snow. Law school campus to the main campus is about 2 miles, maybe 3 on the main roads. Cleaveland Circule is just a little further. You can probaby rent a place in Newton near campus for cheap and walk/ride to school if you wanted. Look for rooms/apartments for rent in Newton, rather than Boston and you'll be very close. Newton has significantly cheaper places to rent than Boston proper.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”