Cardozo v. Arizona Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Shonic

New

Cardozo v. Arizona

Post by Shonic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Alright so I've received good scholarship offers from both of these schools, with nothing else from other schools really worth noting. Arizona's giving me 20k/year while Cardozo's offering me a free ride. I haven't really decided where I want to practice yet, so what would you guys recommend?

itsfine

Bronze

Re: Cardozo v. Arizona

Post by itsfine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

stats? where do you want to practice? how important is scholly money? any area of law that specifically interests you?

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Any strings on that Cardozo full ride?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Isn't Cardozo's scholly contingent of top 1/3?

Shonic

New

Post by Shonic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm

I just have to maintain a 3.3 to keep Cardozo's scholarship for the three years while Arizona's just said "good academic standing", for what it's worth. Money's fairly important, but by no means a deal breaker. I'd pretty much have to take out loans to pay for everything more or less, so for sure the less I'd have to pay for an education the better.

Haven't updated my stats here in a while but I have a 166 LSAT score and a 3.6 GPA from UW-Madison. I'm on the WL at Boulder and Boston University, but I don't want to wait too long on those before making a final decision or at least putting a deposit in.

Like I said I don't really know where I want to practice, but so far I'm thinking Boston or Denver.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Shonic wrote:Like I said I don't really know where I want to practice, but so far I'm thinking Boston or Denver.
Cardozo and Arizona won't get you there. You really need to pick between NYC and Arizona.

edit: nvm. Contingent scholarship = go to Arizona.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”