Something we can all agree on? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jawsthegreat

Silver

Something we can all agree on?

Post by jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

T3>T5>T13
:shock:

kittenmittons

Silver

Re: Something we can all agree on?

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Yes, as long as we agree N is not T5

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

HYV FTW :mrgreen:

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Yes, as long as we agree N is not T5
+too many to count.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

vanwinkle wrote:VYS FTW :mrgreen:

FYP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:17 am

Yes, as long as
T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

im_blue wrote:Yes, as long as
T3 = [strike]YHS[/strike] SYH
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
Just here to help.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:20 am

I'm taking credit for popularizing T13. Spread it.

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:28 am

T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
v that high?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:28 am

T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
Of course that is what I meant. Though, a compelling case could be made for a T12 with GC on the outside looking in.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 am

Desert Fox wrote:I'm taking credit for popularizing T13. Spread it.
It is alarming how quickly it has spread from just you, to a large and growing number of TLSers.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
Of course that is what I meant. Though, a compelling case could be made for a T12 with CVG on the outside looking in.
ftfy

yourdadcalled

New

Post by yourdadcalled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 am

stratocophic wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
Of course that is what I meant. Though, a compelling case could be made for a T12 with CVG on the outside looking in.
ftfy
absolutely true.

HYS > CC > NMPBDN > CVG

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
It is alarming how quickly it has spread from just you, to a large and growing number of TLSers.
this thread is the reason why TLS = death...

IMHO this is how the ranking should look to appease TLSers:

HYS
CC
V
M
N
PB
(NW)
D
C
G

Not that I agree with this in any way, but the Virginia/Michigan Trolling is becoming ridiculous.

TLS Loves:
HYS, Virgina, Michigan, Chicago

TLS Hates:
NYU, Duke, CORNELL, and Georgetown

TLS is pretty indifferent towards:
Boalt and Penn

All you UVA and UM lovers (Especially UVA) need to start a thread and stick to it because nobody else cares how good you think the school is. Actually, that comes off a little harsh. It is a great school, you should be proud of it. But for the love of god, stop trying to compare it to every school ranked above that you can find some sort of criticism with. Just because USNWR doesn't agree with your rankings doesn't mean you need to find any excuse (placement statistics cough cough) to pour your heart out over your insecurities.

They are all great...nobody at HYSCCN should be giving anybody else in the T14 lip service over the quality of their program. Let me repeat, they are ALL excellent schools. Debating whether UVA (or any other school for that matter) should be considered equivalent to all the schools EXCEPT HYSCC is ridiculous. You should NOT CARE. We all want to go to great schools and each of the ones we are ranking should be considered one.

In addition, I would think it obvious that each of these programs has its pros and cons. Nobody should be debating this. Simply put, the pros and cons that USNWR weighs gives rise to the current rankings. They are not ranking which school is "better" per se; so, I think it would be ok if we stopped ranking which schools are "better."

I really hate trolling a thread in the manner I am doing now, but seeing something like "Something we can all agree on?" only to come to a thread that I know very few people are going to agree on is pretty frustrating. Especially since there are several other threads that are currently debating this very topic.

Stop trolling the school you think is best because if you have any confidence in yourself, at all, you will be successful coming from any of these elite programs.

please /thread

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
T3 = YHS
T5 = T3 + CC
T13 = T5 + NMVPBDNC
Of course that is what I meant. Though, a compelling case could be made for a T12 with GC on the outside looking in.
Yeah, with the NYC market implosion, it's looking more like T12 ITE.

Tofu

Bronze

Post by Tofu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 am

TheWire wrote: please /thread
cleveland's lost three in a row ^_^

lakers are now just a half-game behind for homecourt adv!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:55 am

Tofu wrote:

Except Cleveland is 2-0 against LAL and has the tie-breaker, so LAL is really 1.5 games behind.
Last edited by im_blue on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
I predict it starts appearing on other law sites by next cycle.

Couldn't have done it without KittenMittens and the rest of the USS BP

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 am

im_blue wrote:
Tofu wrote:

Except Cleveland is 2-0 against LAL and has the tie-breaker, so LA is really 1.5 games behind.
Which fortunately doesn't matter as it seems that Cleveland is incapable of beating the Orlando Magic. Luckily, we surely have home-court advantage against them...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 am

TheWire wrote:
im_blue wrote:
Tofu wrote:

Except Cleveland is 2-0 against LAL and has the tie-breaker, so LA is really 1.5 games behind.
Which fortunately doesn't matter as it seems that Cleveland is incapable of beating the Orlando Magic. Luckily, we surely have home-court advantage against them...
Also, LA has 10 home and 16 road games left, compared to CLE's 13 and 12. Extrapolating their current home/road win percentages, their projected win totals are CLE 62.0 vs LA 60.4, so LA is really about 2.5-3 wins behind CLE. We'll see how CLE handles Superman this year.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 am

im_blue wrote:
TheWire wrote:
im_blue wrote:
Tofu wrote:
Also, LAL has 10 home and 16 road games left, compared to CLE's 13 and 12. Extrapolating their current home/road win percentages, their projected win totals are CLE 62.0 vs LA 60.4, so LAL is really about 2.5-3 wins behind CLE. We'll see how CLE handles Superman this year.
They won't (handle him, I mean). Magic in 6, maybe 7 if Vinsanity struggles.
Last edited by stratocophic on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 am

I don't suppose you remember the game in cleveland last yr vs. the lakers? I believe they were undefeated at home before we rolled through. In all honesty, the cavs are the only real scare for the lakers and I do respect their team a lot. Fortunately, they seem to match up much better with the Lakers than the Magic so I can envision a realistic scenario where the Lakers won't have to play them again this yr...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 am

TheWire wrote:I don't suppose you remember the game in cleveland last yr vs. the lakers? I believe they were undefeated at home before we rolled through. In all honesty, the cavs are the only real scare for the lakers and I do respect their team a lot. Fortunately, they seem to match up much better with the Lakers than the Magic so I can envision a realistic scenario where the Lakers won't have to play them again this yr...
Cleveland has Shaq this year and Orlando lost Turkoglu, so it's less of a mismatch (on paper anyway) than last year. I think Cleveland has a real chance at the Finals, maybe even the whole thing.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 am

im_blue wrote:
TheWire wrote:I don't suppose you remember the game in cleveland last yr vs. the lakers? I believe they were undefeated at home before we rolled through. In all honesty, the cavs are the only real scare for the lakers and I do respect their team a lot. Fortunately, they seem to match up much better with the Lakers than the Magic so I can envision a realistic scenario where the Lakers won't have to play them again this yr...
Cleveland has Shaq this year and Orlando lost Turkoglu, so it's less of a mismatch (on paper anyway) than last year. I think Cleveland has a real chance at the Finals, maybe even the whole thing.
As do I...

...Fortunately, I believe the the Lakers have a much much better chance. For some reason, people seem to forget that they are the defending champions and are also better on paper than last yr. (Bynum wasn't really playing, he came back from a .5 season long injury and was coming off the bench, and artest has DEFINITELY improved the defense of our team. Last yr, our weakness was defense. This year, there really isn't a weakness so people try to point to our most inferior position, which is point guard, without realizing that the triangle offense was intended to eliminate the need for a point guard)

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 am

im_blue wrote:
No one "lost" Turkoglu. For every 3 pointer he hit, he let a guy just blow right by him or threw a layup off the top of the backboard while out of control. I'll take zombie Vinsanity, thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”