U Kentucky Degree Portability Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
UAKAVA

New

U Kentucky Degree Portability

Post by UAKAVA » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 pm

I wondering what you guys know about the portability of a U Kentucky JD. Obviously, it's not going to fly much outside of Kentucky and a lot of this depends on class rank but let's say I wanted to work in Cincinnati, Indianapolis or even St. Louis would this work out in my favor? Louisville is cool and all but I would like to have the option to dig around out of state a bit or at least in that region which in my mind includes Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Lost cause? Should have gone to U Cinncinnati/ IU-Indianapolis/ Mizzou? What do you think? I have a whole lot of money coming my way if I go to U Kentucky, so I feel motivated to chose it over anywhere else but I am just not sure about its placement into those other markets. I would assume their proximity to UK would help out with placement (Indy is a little over two hours away and Cincinnati is only around an hour and a half) but I really don't know anything about legal market placement and what drives it other than the obvious factors like connections, class rank and law review/ moot court etc.

UAKAVA

New

Re: U Kentucky Degree Portability

Post by UAKAVA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

.bump.

Any ideas anyone? Should I call their career services office or something (I don't know if thats an appropriate use of their time hah)?

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 pm

If you don't want to work in Kentucky, don't go there.

/thread.

UAKAVA

New

Post by UAKAVA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Point taken.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”