169 Waitlist at Fordham Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
84Sunbird2000

Silver

Re: 169 Waitlist at Fordham

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Well, even though I waive my right to see the individual rec, I still ask the professors to email a copy of the letter. They've always obliged, and I've never had a "hedged" LOR.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 am

Fordham might be trying to push up to that 170 LSAT median!

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 pm

I was accepted with numbers above that...so I wouldn't assume YP. Fordham is known for caring whether or not you express interest in the school. If I were you, I would call them immediately and let them know you want to stay on the waitlist. Send a LOCI. Is there any chance you are in the NYC area but didn't visit? I know several people that have landed on the waitlist inexplicably- most seem to have this in common. If you actually want to go, let them know that.
Isn't that still YP, though? I mean, it is not a raw numbers-based YP, but it is YP in the sense that they are tryng to... well... protect their yield.

WhyBother?

Bronze

Post by WhyBother? » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
I was accepted with numbers above that...so I wouldn't assume YP. Fordham is known for caring whether or not you express interest in the school. If I were you, I would call them immediately and let them know you want to stay on the waitlist. Send a LOCI. Is there any chance you are in the NYC area but didn't visit? I know several people that have landed on the waitlist inexplicably- most seem to have this in common. If you actually want to go, let them know that.
Isn't that still YP, though? I mean, it is not a raw numbers-based YP, but it is YP in the sense that they are tryng to... well... protect their yield.
I guess you could call it that. I just assumed they were guarding against laziness. Not that I think they are correct to do this, but from what I've observed, it does hurt nearby applicants when they fail to visit. I don't think they are the only ones that do this. I was waitlisted at some schools near me that I thought were safeties, and the day I visited, I was admitted (happened with 3 schools).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”