Kentucky vs. LSU Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Kentucky vs. LSU

Kentucky
44%
LSU
56%

Total votes: 59

bruffin

New

Re: Kentucky vs. LSU

Post by bruffin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:16 pm

bump

I know someone wants to break this tie.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

If you like basketball, well, duh.

If you like football...well, LSU comes to town every few years. haha

Honestly, they're about the same, and both are going to mean staying within LA or KY (likely...I'm in at UK and if they send me money, I might as well move to Lex right now), so I guess it entirely depends what place you can see yourself staying in.

bruffin

New

Post by bruffin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:If you like basketball, well, duh.

Honestly, they're about the same, and both are going to mean staying within LA or KY (likely...I'm in at UK and if they send me money, I might as well move to Lex right now), so I guess it entirely depends what place you can see yourself staying in.
Are you from Kentucky or OOS?

fulkersonr1

Bronze

Post by fulkersonr1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:UK. Honestly been to both, LSU is awesome but UK is a better school and has ties to better legal markets.

Come here during basketball season (especially now that we're good again), and you'll understand. LSU is awesome at football, but Kentucky is the mecca of college basketball.
p.s. Florida, you have been irrelevant in the college basketball world since 2007.
I'm sorry but I must object, Kentucky is not the Mecca of college baskteball...right now its def. UNC they have more recent national titles and the greatest player to ever play the game is an alumni. OP you should go to UNC Law.

I hate UK bball and this pains me but UK will be the powerhouse team in the country for next few years. UNC can compete with UK and UCLA for most storied programs but UNC is having an awful season. LSU football can in no way compete with UK bball. LSU is not even close to the best team in their conference either historically or currently. Bama and Florida are clearly better programs LSU is on the level of UGA and Auburn and Im not even sure I would consider LSU best program out of that group year in and year out. LSU had a great run for a few years but is not one of the nations really elite football programs.

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Love the avatar, Go Cats.

See you guys at woodland and euclid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:35 pm

bruffin wrote:

Are you from Kentucky or OOS?
I'm a Maryland/DC native. My dad is from KY and therefore I am a UK fan till I die. I can't lie...it does play a part in my decision.

And fulkersonr1...you are correct, sir! Thumbs up to JeepTiger...I love Big Cuz!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:UK. Honestly been to both, LSU is awesome but UK is a better school and has ties to better legal markets.

Come here during basketball season (especially now that we're good again), and you'll understand. LSU is awesome at football, but Kentucky is the mecca of college basketball.
p.s. Florida, you have been irrelevant in the college basketball world since 2007.
I'm sorry but I must object, Kentucky is not the Mecca of college baskteball...right now its def. UNC they have more recent national titles and the greatest player to ever play the game is an alumni. OP you should go to UNC Law.

I hate UK bball and this pains me but UK will be the powerhouse team in the country for next few years. UNC can compete with UK and UCLA for most storied programs but UNC is having an awful season. LSU football can in no way compete with UK bball. LSU is not even close to the best team in their conference either historically or currently. Bama and Florida are clearly better programs LSU is on the level of UGA and Auburn and Im not even sure I would consider LSU best program out of that group year in and year out. LSU had a great run for a few years but is not one of the nations really elite football programs.
I'll be interested to see how good Florida is with no Tebow and a head coach that is as wishy washy about coaching the team as a 14 year old girl is about what's the best boy band. Even with Tebow LSU came damn close to beating Florida last year.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:

I'll be interested to see how good Florida is with no Tebow and a head coach that is as wishy washy about coaching the team as a 14 year old girl is about what's the best boy band. Even with Tebow LSU came damn close to beating Florida last year.
Tebow wasn't ever really himself after that Taylor Wyndham hit (at...UK, strangely enough). He resumed form against Cincy, but he wasn't that great for most of 2009.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 pm

He resumed form against Cincy? Yeah thats one way of saying Cincy got ass raped in that Bowl game.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fulkersonr1

Bronze

Post by fulkersonr1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:21 am

darknightbegins wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:

Dont know how I have ended up arguing in favor of UK and Florida two teams I absolutely hate but oh well. Florida does not need Tebow to be better than LSU. Their defense is why they were so good last year. Also have the #1 recruiting class coming in which some pundits are saying is one of the greatest recruiting classes of all time. Im not saying Florida will maintain their run of the past few years but they and Bama will both stay ahead of LSU in the SEC.

Joga Bonito

Bronze

Post by Joga Bonito » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:

Whattt? UK hasn’t won anything significant or even come close in like 10 years when I was in elementary school or something. LSU won a national championship in 2003 and 2007, they won the sec west like every other year since like 2000. Nick Saban and Les Miles….They go to a great/good bowl game almost every year. They’ve been ranked in the top 10 or 15 every year at the end of the season since like the 90’s.

What has Kentucky done lately? Lived off the glory of days gone by. Last time they went to the final four was 98, what 11 years ago! Who’s UK’s coach now Dizzy Gillespie or something…I love his jazz music btw...good stuff.

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:Whattt? UK hasn’t won anything significant or even come close in like 10 years when I was in elementary school or something. LSU won a national championship in 2003 and 2007, they won the sec west like every other year since like 2000. Nick Saban and Les Miles….They go to a great/good bowl game almost every year. They’ve been ranked in the top 10 or 15 every year at the end of the season since like the 90’s.

What has Kentucky done lately? Lived off the glory of days gone by. Last time they went to the final four was 98, what 11 years ago! Who’s UK’s coach now Dizzy Gillespie or something…I love his jazz music btw...good stuff.
Congratulations, that means... 2 national championships for LSU? Exactly, we have 7. And our coach is John Calipari, we're 25-1 and we're ranked #2 in the country. Speaking of coaches, the best coach in the history of your program is now at a better program in the same division. Les Miles, without someone else's players, is good at losing.

Kentucky Basketball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LSU Football

p.s. Remember when you all won the National Championship in 2007, we beat you.

and pretzel_logic, it's good to hear about UK fans in DC. When I was there last fall, I felt like I was the only one!

Joga Bonito

Bronze

Post by Joga Bonito » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:
Joga Bonito wrote:Whattt? UK hasn’t won anything significant or even come close in like 10 years when I was in elementary school or something. LSU won a national championship in 2003 and 2007, they won the sec west like every other year since like 2000. Nick Saban and Les Miles….They go to a great/good bowl game almost every year. They’ve been ranked in the top 10 or 15 every year at the end of the season since like the 90’s.

Congratulations, that means... 2 national championships for LSU? Exactly, we have 7. And our coach is John Calipari, we're 25-1 and we're ranked #2 in the country. Speaking of coaches, the best coach in the history of your program is now at a better program in the same division. Les Miles, without someone else's players, is good at losing.

and pretzel_logic, it's good to hear about UK fans in DC. When I was there last fall, I felt like I was the only one!

Hey UK’s doing great this year, its taking me some time to get used to it. Especially since last year, and they year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, they weren’t even in the top 25.
Yeah that’s great, 7 national championship ‘s in like 1948, 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996, 1998. It’s 2010 been a while there.

LSU has 3 national titles. UK has 2 in recent history and so does LSU, it just so happens that LSU’s are more recent than UK’s.

And UK football wins against good teams are fluke’s simply put.
And I have no affiliation with LSU, I just have a passion for the truth.
So they didn't beat us, cause I'm not one of them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:07 pm

jeeptiger09 wrote:

Hasn't John Calipari gotten into hot watter for recruiting *ahem* certain players at his past jobs? I remember something about Memphis getting striped of its Final Four birth because a certain player (Derrick Rose) did not take his SAT and had someone else take it for him.

So UK, enjoy your success now. In 5 years when Calipari fucks the program over, all the accomplishments you will have acquired will be taken out of the record books by the NCAA.

Joga Bonito

Bronze

Post by Joga Bonito » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:14 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:

Hasn't John Calipari gotten into hot watter for recruiting *ahem* certain players at his past jobs? I remember something about Memphis getting striped of its Final Four birth because a certain player (Derrick Rose) did not take his SAT and had someone else take it for him.

So UK, enjoy your success now. In 5 years when Calipari fucks the program over, all the accomplishments you will have acquired will be taken out of the record books by the NCAA.
By then it will have been like 20 years since they went to the final four...well that is "legitimately" went, if they make it this year.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm

LSU unless you are from Kentucky I wouldn't advise going here. When you graduate from LSU the alum network is significant. Within LA LSU is highly respected and always does better on the bar than Tulane. Tulane grads leave LA. LSU has a huge rep in TX, which in this economy is fairing pretty well. So you are looking at work in Nola Baton Rouge or possibly Houston. I'm not quite sure where you would practice in KY. Also you won't be too far from gulf shores and the casinos in Biloxi. Galveston is only four hours from LSU. LSU gives off for Mardi Gras and Nola is so close! Furthermore you will versed in both common and civil which could help if you ever are general consul for a mnc.

schmohawk

New

Post by schmohawk » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:
jeeptiger09 wrote:

By then it will have been like 20 years since they went to the final four...well that is "legitimately" went, if they make it this year.
If Kentucky makes it to the final four this year it won't be legitimate?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Geaux to LSU.

Need a reason?

Baton Rouge: 64 degrees

Lexington: 46 degrees

/thread

southernboy

Bronze

Post by southernboy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm

LSU. I just visited this weekend and baton rouge was kickass. some of the best food I've ever eaten

bruffin

New

Post by bruffin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Does anyone knowanything about how the common/civil law curriculum works. Are there seperate classes for each or are both sides taught in the same course?
Last edited by bruffin on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bruffin

New

Post by bruffin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:52 pm

macatak911 wrote:Geaux to LSU.

Need a reason?

Baton Rouge: 64 degrees

Lexington: 46 degrees

/thread
True...during the winter. But during the spring/summer...

Baton Rouge: 100 degrees and humid as hell

Lexington: still hot but not nearly as humid

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm

bruffin wrote:Does anyone knowanything about how the common/civil law cirriculem works. Are there seperate classes for each or are both sides taught in the same course?
At LSU you get a JD plus a "Degree of Common Law." So you basically get training in both. Civil is obviously relevant if you plan to practice in LA or internationally. This is different than Tulane or Loyola (NOLA) which offer "civil OR common."

This contributes to LSU's claim of requiring the most credit hours of any law school in the nation (97) but I believe they have slashed it down to 94.
True...during the winter. But during the spring/summer...

Baton Rouge: 100 degrees and humid as hell

Lexington: still hot but not nearly as humid
True, the LA summer is brutal.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”