Harvard Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
9%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
9%
Section 5
27%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
17%

Total votes: 75

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Frozen98 wrote:That is, unless there's some sort of IP tracing going on, but even then my IP doesn't tell anyone much about me because I got a guest login to the network of a local UG that I don't go to. I just live near there with a bunch of people who do go there, whereas I commute to another UG.
I legit lol'd

Its all about being nuanced, this was too obvious, funny, but obvious.

Frozen98

New

Post by Frozen98 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:30 pm

paglababa wrote:PMed me a few weeks ago that he was at the NYC meetup and who I was. Paranoid or trolling super hard. Saw him troll on the "ask a harvard student thread" about not going to class, chilling in Europe, and possibility of still getting good grades...
lol I wasn't going to fly from CA/OR/WA/AZ/NM/TX to go to an NYC meetup. I just know someone who did go who told me there were a bunch of paralegals. besides that I don't know anything about the NYC meetup. I wasn't on FB at the time and I'm still not on so how could I have known the exact details even if I were to fly from eg OR?
Last edited by Frozen98 on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Frozen98 wrote: It's a mixed of fudged and true posts. the only thing is it's hard to figure out which is which. In that last post I basically listed all states east of IL and north of VA. But like I said if my actual state isn't important to the discussion then I'll just throw out a fudged list. Now, my actual state's being on the higher end of the USPS range relative to MA is relevant to a possible explanation of why I haven't received my book yet. So take it FWIW.

Yea there's no need to be paranoid but between option 1 (posting fudged posts on TLS, thus minimizing the chances of JS2->JSNO) and option 2 (posting real posts, not helping me preserve the JS2), you don't think it makes sense to stay under the radar until the coast is really clear?

That's why my Facebook is deactivated until September (which is also why I didn't see the admissions FB post until people put it here).

That is, unless there's some sort of IP tracing going on, but even then my IP doesn't tell anyone much about me because I got a guest login to the network of a local UG that I don't go to. I just live near there with a bunch of people who do go there, whereas I commute to another UG.

Man, go away. You are out of your mind. This bolded is ridiculous.

lastsamurai

Silver

Post by lastsamurai » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Frozen98 wrote:
It's a mixed of fudged and true posts. the only thing is it's hard to figure out which is which. In that last post I basically listed all states east of IL and north of VA. But like I said if my actual state isn't important to the discussion then I'll just throw out a fudged list. Now, my actual state's being on the higher end of the USPS range relative to MA is relevant to a possible explanation of why I haven't received my book yet. So take it FWIW.

Yea there's no need to be paranoid but between option 1 (posting fudged posts on TLS, thus minimizing the chances of JS2->JSNO) and option 2 (posting real posts, not helping me preserve the JS2), you don't think it makes sense to stay under the radar until the coast is really clear?

That's why my Facebook is deactivated until September (which is also why I didn't see the admissions FB post until people put it here).

That is, unless there's some sort of IP tracing going on, but even then my IP doesn't tell anyone much about me because I got a guest login to the network of a local UG that I don't go to. I just live near there with a bunch of people who do go there, whereas I commute to another UG.
Oh boy...might out yourself with this one...only a few people don't join the fb group, so they probably just identified you

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

The-Specs wrote:
Man, go away. You are out of your mind

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm

paglababa wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
Man, go away. You are out of your mind
This.

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm

blckwsl wrote:Hello. This may be a stupid question, but do you need to register for the Admitted Students Weekends? I can't seem to find it on the HLS website. Thanks in advance for any help.
Log in to the admitted students site, click "Visiting HLS as an Admitted Applicant" in the sidebar, then "Admitted Students Weekends," and then click on the words that say "Register for the ASW." It looks like a heading but it's actually the register link. It took me a while to figure it out. :?
Last edited by malleus discentium on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Haha JS2->JSNO?! :lol: I'm going to call flame on that. If not, I will enjoy thinking about the weird admit hiding under a rock somewhere to avoid HLS reneging on an acceptance.

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Well, if ever there was a reason to do it...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blckwsl

New

Post by blckwsl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:50 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
blckwsl wrote:Hello. This may be a stupid question, but do you need to register for the Admitted Students Weekends? I can't seem to find it on the HLS website. Thanks in advance for any help.
Log in to the admitted students site, click "Visiting HLS as an Admitted Applicant" in the sidebar, then "Admitted Students Weekends," and then click on the words that say "Register for the ASW." It looks like a heading but it's actually the register link. It took me a while to figure it out. :?
Thanks! I finally found it. All signed up for March and really excited! :D

binary_theatrics

New

Post by binary_theatrics » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm about to book a room for the March ASW today or early tomorrow, PM me if anyone wants to split the cost!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Has anyone heard of or read One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School?

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:02 pm

wtrc wrote:Has anyone heard of or read One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School?
I have, loved it. It was the reason I decided I wanted to go Harvard (before I did research and realized that Harvard would be dream for many other reasons).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm

The-Specs wrote:
wtrc wrote:Has anyone heard of or read One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School?
I have, loved it. It was the reason I decided I wanted to go Harvard (before I did research and realized that Harvard would be dream for many other reasons).
I have not, but I definitely want to now!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:26 pm

paglababa wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
Yep. Considered buying it, Specs rec put it over the top for me.

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Post by Optimist Prime » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Do admissions packets come via UPS or regular post?

I barely checked my status checker during the admissions wait, but now I'm checking my mailbox 8 times a day like a complete loon.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:Do admissions packets come via UPS or regular post?

I barely checked my status checker during the admissions wait, but now I'm checking my mailbox 8 times a day like a complete loon.
My folder w/ letter and sticker and stuff came via USPS. I haven't gotten a book yet (so, you know, my admission has probably been rescinded) so I don't know how those come.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Post by Optimist Prime » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks, then there's hope! USPS mail hasn't arrived yet today. Time to go check the mail box bank for the 6th time.

lastsamurai

Silver

Post by lastsamurai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 pm

wtrc wrote:
paglababa wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
Yep. Considered buying it, Specs rec put it over the top for me.
Just impulse bought this book...hope it's a good read

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 pm

I thought about reading it but didn't know how relevant it would be because it's pre-Kagan.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:00 pm

midwest17 wrote:
Optimist Prime wrote:Do admissions packets come via UPS or regular post?

My folder w/ letter and sticker and stuff came via USPS. I haven't gotten a book yet (so, you know, my admission has probably been rescinded) so I don't know how those come.
:lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Phew. My book has arrived in the mail - "The Penguin and the Leviathan" by Yochai Benkler, with signed note from the author. It's about mediation and cooperation. JS really picked out something right up my alley! I was beginning to fear that my acceptance had been rescinded.

ryan1888vandy

New

Post by ryan1888vandy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Current 3L looking to find someone to take over apartment right across from HLS

Hi all, congrats on getting into HLS! I'm sure many of you are trying to figure out the best way/place to live. My roommate and I are both 3Ls graduating in May and are looking to find another law student to take over our awesome apartment at 1580 Mass Ave (a condo building that is literally directly across the street from Wasserstein, the main HLS building).

While living "off campus" is a little bit more expensive than living in the dorms, it is unbelievably more comfortable. My roommate lived in both Hastings and the Gropius dorms before moving in here and dorm-life is not fun. Shared bathrooms, tiny rooms, and tiny single beds with thin mattresses dating to approximately 1985.

Our apartment is 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with a full kitchen and large living room and a parking spot. We currently pay $2,300 a month (split between the two of us) plus utilities. Since neither of us have a car we rent out our parking spot (because there is almost no good parking around campus we are able to get $200/month for the parking spot). We're also looking to sell the furniture in our apartment. It's all been used for only 3 years (my wife who was also an HLS student bought it 3 years ago and is now clerking out in STL). So basically, if you like the place you don't have to worry about finding and buying furniture, getting it delivered and moved in, etc. The furniture includes Beds, mattresses, dressers, desks, TVs, kitchen table, cooking utensils, couch, and futon.

If you might be interested please email me directly (I don't check TLS that much anymore). Rstewart@jd14.law.harvard.edu.

If you've all created another thread for housing options, etc. please let me know!

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:22 pm

So who else looked through the list of restricted scholarships at Harvard? Scrolled down the list with optimism and read every description?

ONLY TO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANYTHING FML :roll:

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:27 pm

paglababa wrote:So who else looked through the list of restricted scholarships at Harvard? Scrolled down the list with optimism and read every description?

ONLY TO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANYTHING FML :roll:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”